Chapter 7

They had tried everything. Nothing worked. Scott was sat on the edge of the boot door looking at the ground whilst Avi was stood looking for a way out. He was verging on giving up when he saw it. It was a crowbar. But what good would that do? He looked at Scott and it came to his head. Phone. He could use his phone to contact Kevin! Running, he grabbed the item on the floor before jumping past Scott, scaring the blonde and causing him to flinch, to reach over for his phone.

"avi what are you doing? "

He handed the pole towards him and ran to the door.

"If we can pry the doors open with that, I could get a signal and call Kevin!"

Scott stood and went towards the door, Avi on his tail. Scott positioning the pole and Avi opening his contacts.

"ready?"

Scott looked to Avi. The shorter male nodding in response before daylight flooded their vision...

---

They were all still in the hospital room when Kevin's phone rang. He looked over and his eyes grew.

"avi..."

"huh?"

"Avi's calling me!"

"Answer it then!"

The man reached for his phone and before long, a deep, wavering voice came from the other line.

"kevin?"

"Avi! Are you ok?!"

"i'm fine, so is scott."

Mitch heard the mentions of his fiancée and ran to Kevin's side.

"Scotty!?"

"i'm right here mishy."

"Baby!! Are you ok?! Are you hurt?!"

"i'm fine. not badly hurt..."

"kevvy, we're still stuck in a container."

"I know, look, tell us where and what container you're in. We'll come and find you."

Kevin looked to the officer, who pulled out his notebook and a pen to write down the description.

"i don't know what container we're in but we're across from a blue container with the shipping number--"

There was a rumbling sound coming from the other line and small curses. Scott's voice came through the line, small and scared.

"we'rebeingpickedup."

"What? Scottie--"

"we're being picked up! mitch the container's being picked up by a crane, we're dangling in the air!!"

"What!?!"

"quick, i know our container number!"

"Tell us then!"

"It's---"

A clanging noise cut him off, their voices got quieter and after four seconds, the line cut out.

---

They stood and watched the phone fall and disappear back into the field. Scott's arms weakened and the container was soon darkened once again. Scott dropped the pole and both sat on the floor as the container was dropped onto a pile of others and soon, began moving.

"avi... mind telling me what desert we're going to?"

Avi looked at him before he opened his mouth and...

------------------------------------------------------
...oop...