Chapter 5

Aizawa was going insane.

He was getting less sleep than normal - not that he ever got that much anyway - trying to figure out who Enigma actually was. The fact that he was the only one who remembered her however made it much harder. He remembered her having short white hair, blue eyes, the sahde chanign in different lights, and being generally short.

"I'm not going crazy Yamada!"

Coffee spilt onto the table as Aizawa slammed his mug onto it. He'd had around 10 cups of coffee in the last hour and it was concerning Present Mic greatly.

"I didn't say that and you know it."

"And I also know you're thinking it and that's just as bad."

Mic sighed and shook his head as Aizawa glared at him, guarding his coffee.

"Don't even try it."

Aizawa turned back to the laptop he'd gotten from Power Loader. He was searching through different forums about Enigma and looking at the official quirk registery in an attempt to match Enigma with somone. So far, he was failing. Aizawa jumped back slightly as Present Mic pulled the computer back and slammed it shut. The blonde glared at the erasure hero half-heartedly.

"Look, Shota, you're obsessing over this and you need to stop."

"But-"

"Shut up and do something else. Sleep or mark some papers. Just something other than this!"

The two glared at eachother for a while before Aizawa sighed and stood up. "Fine. But when I come back I'm going on the computer again."

"Just go!"

---

Eraserhead was crouched at the top of a building, he knew Present Mic probably hadn't meant 'go out on patrol' when he told Eraser to do something else, but oh well. His mind was elsewhere anyways, Eraserhead was thinking about Enigma again, feeling uneasy knowing there was a problem child running around fighting villains. He knew the girl was around the same age as his own students and couldn't help but wonder if her parents knew what she was doing, or if she even had parents.

Eraser was snapped out of his thoughts as he heard shouting from an alley a couple blocks away.

"I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me!"

'What the fuck'

The loud sound of metal clashing caused Eraserhead to start running over to the alley. When he got to it he saw a small, injured kid hiding behind a dumpster and two figures fighting. One was a male adult wearing a top and jeans while the other wore a black cloak.

"What gives you the fucking right to abuse a kid?!"

The cloaked figure hit the adult in the stomach with a metal pole. The male doubled over, clutching his stomach and was immediately hit over the head with the same pole, before collapsing to the ground.

"Your partner might've gotten away, but you, you little shit, are going down for years."

The cloaked figure then turned to Eraser, who immediately deactivated their quirk and began moving his capture weapon. That was, until they pulled their hood off.

"...Enigma?"

The albino laughed quietly and walked over to the shaking child, who was still hiding behind the bins. "I should've figured it'd be you that remembered who I am, Aizawa."

The kid visibly relaxed when he realised that the girl was not either of his parents and was in fact, only a few years older than him.

"Shouldn't you be in hospital? That Nomu hit you hard."