Chapter 6

"So, how's your class?"

"Shut up, brat."

The pro and vigilante were hanging out in Polaris' hideout, Aizawa chugging down coffee at an unhealthy rate.

"Good then."

"Why do I talk to you?"

"You love me really."

Aizawa looked at Polaris over his twelfth cup of coffee in that hour, glaring at the albino teenager. She looked back at him a smirk on her face while she fiddled with her staff. A couple of circuits had yet to be fixed from when it broke in the USJ attack, so she was fixing them up again.

"How's the kid?"

Polaris blinked before answering. "You mean Esper? Yeah, he's good. We went to get his hair cut last weekend. He wanted to dye it white, to match mine, but I told him no for now."

"That is... sickeningly adorable."

"I know. But I had to promise him that if he still wanted to do it by his birthday, I'd let him."

"When's his birthday?"

"Two months."

"Ah."

"Yeah."

"You shouldn't have said that."

Polaris looked at him dryly. "You think I didn't try to say no? That kid's puppy dog eyes may as well be a quirk of their own."

They sat in silence for a while, the only sound in the room being metal clashing against metal as Polaris focused on her project. Aizawa set his coffee down, finishing it, and asked a question that had been on his mind for a while.

"How did you know about the USJ attack?"

Polaris froze, paling slightly before she answered.

"Oh, I uh, I heard people talking about it...?"

Aizawa gave her a blank look and she sighed, telling him how she actually found out.

"I was on patrol and overheard Handyman talking to some guy he called 'master', kinky I know, but not what we're focusing on right now- "

Aizawa's lips twitched upwards at her offhand comment.

"Anyway, he said that they were going to attack you guys at the USJ the next day, and well, I couldn't let that happen now, could I?"

"Why didn't you just report it?"

Polaris deadpanned at him. "Oh yeah, sure, because it's not like they'd forget my entire existence or anything."

"...fair enough."

Polaris clicked another piece into place in her staff, closing the panel on it and twirling it in her hand. "Good as new."

"Are you sure about that?"

Polaris looked at it again, seeing smoke come off of it.

"Almost. Almost good as new."

A smile flickered onto Aizawa's face momentarily, before it was quickly wiped from existence. Another thought popped into his head.

"Why can't people remember you?"

Polaris chuckled, "Damn Aizawa, really going in deep with these questions huh?"

The sleep-deprived hero just stared her down until she answered.

Polaris sighed before explaining. "My quirk. It's called spy. My quirk gives me heightened senses, strength and speed, as well as faster reflexes and a quicker thinking process. I'm also stupidly stealthy and can become almost invisible to the untrained eye."