rX

A year ago, the Struckers were just another average family. The family along with Reed's mother, Ellen are all out at the bowling alley having fun. Lauren spots a man yelling at a group of teens. Caitlin tells her to leave things alone.

The teens are laughing at a little girl who is vibrating. The girl's father is yelling at the teens to stop and the girl is yelling at her dad. The girl gets angry and gust of wind hits the teens, spilling their drinks and food all over. The entire bowling alley is staring at the girl.

Reed steps forward and introduces himself. He tells the man to leave with his daughter before there is more trouble. When he returns to his family, Lauren asks why they had to leave. Lauren already has her powers and hasn't told anyone. Lauren is scared. She is not sure of what her dad will do if he found out.

Present day,

There is a lot of confusion about what just happened. Reed Strucker did not make it through the portal. Clarice is barely conscious. Marcos and John are trying to calm everyone down. Caitlin has a lot of questions. Lauren and Andy are worried about getting their dad. John fills in the family about where they are and say they can't go after Reed. Marcos tells them he needs Reed back too, but they can't do anything right now. For now they have to take care of Clarice.

Agent Turner puts out an APB for the Stuckers and the mutants. Turner checks in on Reed. He tells him to rest up and then they will have a chat about his family.

John asks Sonia aka Dreamer to find a doctor for Clarice and a home for the Struckers. She asks who they are and what happened. He turns the question to Marcos. Marcos says they help mutants in danger and the Struckers were definitely in danger. John knows Marcos' actions were about Lorna. He says he wants her back too, but not at the cost of the organization. Lauren interrupts and says something is wrong.

Clarice has a temperature and and her breathing is erratic. Caitlin admits that she is a nurse, but doesn't have much training in mutant care. Clarice has some sort of seizure. Caitlin says Clarice's system may be unstable and affecting her powers. She needs a lot of different medication to stabilize Clarice or she could die. They can't take her to a hospital because Clarice is a fugitive.

A portal opens up. They see a road on the other side. A truck is headed straight for them. Everyone moves out of the way of the portal and Clarice passes out just before the truck hits. The truck swerves to avoid going through the portal. The truck bed made it through and crashes in to the room.

At the correctional facility, Lorna is taken to a holding cell. She has on a collar. Once the cell door is closed, Lorna attempts to use her power and is immediately knocked to the floor. The other inmates laugh at her. The inmate across the hall tells Lorna the collar is to prevent her from doing anything dangerous. She says Lorna will be picked on. The only way mutants leave the jail is in a body bag. She says Lorna won't last if she doesn't have backup. Lorna says she has backup, but not in jail.

At the mutant HQ, everyone is safe, but they don't know how Clarice did that or how to stop it. Caitlin has a cut on her head, but she's fine. John moves Clarice to a table and Clarice seizes again. The portal opens up to the same road. This time there are more people on the other side. One of the humans has a gun. Marcos starts to use his light to blind the man with the gun and John stops him. Lauren steps forward and is able to close the portal using her ability.

Everyone is impressed with Lauren's ability. John says they are all in danger if the portal opens again. He asks Caitlin if she can help Clarice. He says they can get the medications she needs. Caitlin says the medications she needs are only available at a hospital. Marcos says they will take Caitlin to the hospital to get them. He asks Lauren if she can close the portal if it happens again. Lauren says she can. Caitlin disapproves of the plan. She doesn't want to leave Lauren. Lauren says its okay.