Chapter Four

"You're wearing that?" Hannah said with disgust written across her face.

"What's wrong?" I said looking down at my skinny jeans and plain tee shirt.

"This is a party! An important party with potential connections! You can't go looking like you just crawled out of bed," she said laughing.

"I just shouldn't go, this really isn't my type of thing," I said as I examined Hannah's dress and boot combination that made her look like a celebrity.

"You know for a social media nut you're less than social," she said walking toward my closet. "You own zero dresses?"

"What can I say? I'm a bit of a tomboy," I said plopping on to the bed.

"Hang on! What have we have here!" Hannah shrieked as she pulled a maxi skirt out of the back of my closet.

"Yeah I bought that on sale and never ended up wearing it, it's not really my style."

"Well it's gonna be your style! Here," she tossed the skirt in my direction and I quickly slipped in on. Looking at myself in the mirror, I immediately felt uncomfortable.

"I don't know about this," I said with my awkwardness written in my face.

"Don't worry I'm gonna man it up for you!" Hannah dug through my closet some more before through me a white tank top and black leather jacket. "Do you have scissors?"

"Yeah, top drawer of my desk."

"Hold freaking still!" she yelled grabbing at the skirt and slicing through it with the scissors.

"What are you doing!" I yelled after I realized what was going on.

"You said yourself that you never really wear it, I'm helping! Just trust me on this one." Hannah continued to slice through the black fabric and I held as still as possible. "Perfect!"

"I doubt it," I said turning to look into the full length mirror on my closet door. "Wow," I said slowly. Taking in the fact that I was in short skirt but still felt like myself. I stared in disbelief.

"You're hot! You're definitely going to meet someone tonight!" Hannah said slicing through the leftover fabric from the skirt. "Here, headband?"

"How have you learned to do this?" I asked as I sat so Hannah could adjust my hair.

"My mom wasn't one to spend money on clothes, I had to work with what I had or what I could afford from thrift stores, so I know a thing or two about revamping something." She said with a smile.

"Well maybe you should think about a career in fashion rather than photography!"

"Fashion photography," she said slowly.

"Oh, duh," I laughed. "You won't be jobless for long!"

"Neither will you after this party!"

A dinging notification lit up my computer screen as I slipped on some shoes.

"Who's rickpickle?" Hannah said with excitement, "A boyfriend?"

"No!" I laughed, "Well I don't know, it's this person that keeps commenting on my Cyber page. Super nice and very sweet."

"Well he just sent you a personal message, he probably wants you!" Hannah said staring at the screen resisting her urge to reply.

"What's it say?" I said calmly, trying to play it cool.

"Hi," she laughed, "Literally all it says is hi!"

"So what should I say back?"

"Oh my gosh you can't reply yet! You have to play hard to get! What would you do without me?"

"So when should I reply?"

"Like later on tonight or tomorrow! You can't make it seem like all you do is sit at your computer waiting for someone to message you!" she said closing the laptop.

"Ok, yeah makes sense," I said as I gathered up my phone and such piling it into a small crossbody clutch. I had never really had a close girl friend before and I was already learning so much.