Chapter Twelve

"You have been glued to your phone for the past hour!" Hannah whined as we sifted through racks of clothes at the local thrift store.

"Sorry," I smiled locking my phone and throwing it into my purse.

"You're talking to the mystery man aren't you!" she yelled slapping me playfully in the arm.

"No I'm not!" I lied trying to keep a straight face.

"Shut up! You totally are!"

"Ok, so maybe I am!" I smiled flipping through some vintage tee shirts.

"I knew it! You're obsessed aren't you! You haven't been able to stay off of your phone for the past two days practically!" she laughed. "All I ask is that at this shoot tonight that you try to remain in the human world and less in the Cyber world, I really need your help."

"I can promise that," my smile turned into a frown. I couldn't help it, he was the only one that I wanted to talk to and I barely knew anything about him. But I did know that something about him was intoxicating.

"What do you think about this?" Hannah said holding up a heavy wool sweater.

"A little warm for something of that style, isn't it?"

"True but it's indoors so maybe?"

"Maybe," I shrugged.

"No you're right. So clearly the tie dye would be perfect on Jc, seems like him. And Kian I am just going for something super casual, maybe a flannel tied around the waist as well. But Ricky I just don't know." Hannah paused looking through the handful of clothing she had been carrying around.

"Maybe a tank?" I said pointing to a small rack in the corner of the store.

"I don't know, seems a little strange." Hannah looked quickly through the tanks. "Perhaps with a jacket or something?"

"He has good arms, I say you just go for a tank look."

"What was that?" Hannah turned to face me with a huge grin. "I knew you were into him!"

"Hey now," I said immediately regretting what I had just said.

"What about your mystery man? He would be totally jealous if he knew you were getting hot and bothered over Ricky's muscles!" Hannah burst into laughter as she pulled a colorful tank top off of the rack. "This will do, let's head out. We have quite the drive to make."

"Wait," I said taking the tank top from her hand and putting it back on the rack. "This one is more him, and it will go with the white sweat jacket he had on at the Grove the other day. Just in case tanks aren't his thing or he has a bad tan line."

"You're totally into him!"

"Am not!" I protested shoving the replacement tank in her hand.

"It's ok if you are! Kian is more my wave length anyway to be honest."

"I never said I was into him!" I continued to protest as I pulled my phone from my purse.

"Your mystery man would be soooooo jealous!" Hannah laughed heading to the register to pay.

MESSAGES: CONVERSATIONS: RICKPICKLE

RICKPICKLE:

I know this might sound crazy but I feel like I have known you forever. I could practically tell you anything and still feel comfortable.

AWHITE:

I know what you mean! I have never been so comfortable with anyone before....

RICKPICKLE:

I know that they say you aren't supposed to meet people that you meet in the internet in real life. But I really want to meet you... I hope that I don't sound like a total creep or anything...

AWHITE:

Ummmmm well my mom always told me not tell internet people too much info but I think I may have already broken that rule.

RICKPICKLE:

Well I have to admit that I have meet some internet people in real life before and I haven't been murderer or drugged yet so I think I have pretty good judgement...

AWHITE:

Oh so you meet all your internet girlfriends in public.....

RICKPICKLE:

Girlfriend?

"Shit!" I yelled at myself as we headed across the parking lot to the car.

"What?" Hannah asked as she tossed the bags in the back seat.

"I just fucked up so badly!" I freaked as I slouched into the passenger seat.

"What are you talking about? The tank idea is great, he does work out."

"No, no, no! I just totally screwed things up! Mystery man!" I freaked tossing my phone into Hannah's lap as I contemplated what to do.

"What the hell girl? You dropped the GF wayyyyyyy too soon!" Hannah laughed handing the phone back to me and throwing her sunglasses on.

"What should I do?" I panicked staring at the message. What was I thinking saying girlfriend? I clearly wasn't using spell check well enough.

"Just don't say anything back, give yourself some time to think about a way to handle the situation. Besides this photo shoot will require some help sooooo?"

"Ok," I said exiting from the Cyber mobile site and clearing my internet history. "I'll deal with it tomorrow. He'll just think I'm busy."

"Everything will work out, don't worry." Hannah said calmly, "Besides you'll be in the presence of Ricky soon anyways, you'll be distracted!"

"Ha ha very funny," I said sarcastically.