Chapter Ten

We made our way from store to store but the only thing on my mind was whether or not rickpickle had messaged me back. We had driven an hour out of Anaheim to go to the Grove because apparently it was the only acceptable place to shop, according to Hannah. Whom had complimented my bandana but also suggested a bright red lipstick, which she promptly bought me from Ulta upon arrival. Hannah made me feel like a different person, perhaps I was beginning to come out of my shell. I liked it, I had never had a friend like her before.

"What do you think?" Hannah interrupted my inner thoughts asking my opinion on a sundress she was trying on at Forever 21.

"It looks good but I'm not sure about the color, brown in the Summer is a little strange."

"True, it kind of washes me out. I'm not tan enough. Plus the brown hair on brown fabric match up is frowned upon in my opinion." Hannah rambled walking back into the fitting room.

"Hey are you thirsty?" I yelled through the fitting room door.

"Nahh, I think I am going to try this dress in yellow. If you're thirsty you can go get something and I can call you after I finish up here."

"Alright, I'm gonna go down to Jamba Juice, just call me." I said heading toward the exit of the store. I made my way down the street pulling my phone from my bag and attempting to get it to connect to Cyber from the internet. God, it's the twenty first century, get an app, I thought to myself as I weaved through the traffic of people on the sidewalk.

"Hey!" I heard a man yell behind me but I ignored it, he was probably yelling at someone else and I was on a mission to see if rickpickle had messaged back. "Hey!" I heard again, I looked up ahead of me and saw Jamba Juice was getting close, I picked up walking speed knowing that if I was sitting at a table it would be so much easier to navigate Cyber's mobile site.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, I jumped, turning around expecting it to Hannah. "Hey!" the boy from the party the night before yelled in my face.

"Umm hi?" I said startled at his yelling.

"From the party last night?" he looked confused.

"Yeah I know," I continued walking toward Jamba Juice and he followed.

"I don't see much damage to your head there so I guess that trip didn't hurt ya too bad!"

"Well there's a lot of make up working together here," I said pointing to the knot and bruise on my forehead.

"So you live around here?"

"Whoa there buddy! I don't even know who you are! You could be a murderer!"

"Yes that is true or I could be your knight in shining armor but how will you ever truly know?" he laughed. "I'm Ricky, and you are Abby. I know because your friend screamed your name louder than the music played at the party."

"Ok, but names don't entitle you to know my address," I laughed stopping in front of the juice hut.

"You know where I live!"

"Impossible! I didn't even know your name up until five seconds ago!"

"That party was at my house, well my and my roommates house."

"Oh," I paused for a moment. "I live like an hour away, in Anaheim."

"Ahhh, the home of Disneyland and Vidcon!" His voice grew in excitement, somebody likes Disney I assumed.

"Yes that would be the place," I laughed.

"So I take it you only drive hours for mall shopping and parties hoping that you would run into me again," he laughed. "I'm kidding, yikes. So Jamba Juice?"

"Yeah I was going to get something, my friend Hannah is shopping and I am not too big of a shopper so."

"Yeah my roommates wanted to hit up the Grove, I'm trying to hold back on shopping, there's a new video game coming out so gotta save that paper," he laughed and I did too.

"Pokemon Omega Ruby?"

"How did you know?" he looked confused.

"I guess you could say, I enjoy a video game now and then." I looked toward the ground, I'm so lame.

"Well I should probably head back to my roommates, but I always like to catch up on my patients, ya know?"

"Well I will live and don't worry I'm not going to sue," I laughed.

"See ya around Abby," he smiled silently for a moment before heading off in the opposite direction. His smile was one of a kind, it was engraved in my memory for minutes after he left. I placed my juice order and sat down taking sips and trying to stop thinking about Ricky. I pulled my phone back out and finally navigated to the message inbox of the site.

MESSAGES: UNREAD (1)

RICKPICKLE:

I trust you =] So I know that you are fascinated with social media and have a college degree, you're looking for a dream job, and tend to believe that you're not as amazing as you really seem to be. So tell me something I don't know?

AWHITE:

Well I'm not sure what there is to tell, to be honest. I spend a lot of time on the internet. I have a fish named Lou that I talk to as if he was human. I'm not the girliest of girls, but I enjoy pretending to be. Netflix is life. I could live off of Panera. I played in the band in high school. I'm pretty simple, boring, like vanilla ice cream.

My phone rang loudly, "Hello?"

"I'm heading toward Jamba Juice but you'll never believe who I just saw! The guys that threw that party last night! So much to tell you! Hang on!" The phone clicked to silent, I looked up to see Hannah running toward me like a mad woman.

"So the guys that live in that house are pretty successful on YouTube, and I just got them to agree to a minor photo shoot! Of course it's totally free on my part but the publicity will be fab! This is going to open a crap ton of doors! I'm freaking the freak out dude!"

"Wow, that's great!" I was speechless, Hannah was a talker, she had the ability to talk almost anyone into anything.

"Yeah so on Wednesday you and I are heading to their house. I'm just gonna do the shoot there, the house is amazing plus free location so there's that,"

"Hold up!" I interrupted, "You and me?"

"Yeah ummm, Ricky only agreed to do the shoot if you came too! Plus I need an assistant anyways so please!!!!" Hannah begged loudly, Ricky asked for me? I thought to myself, what was happening.

"Ok, I'll do it! But you had to stop begging!" I laughed looking down at my phone screen to see another message.

MESSAGES: UNREAD (1)

RICKPICKLE:

Everyone loves vanilla ice cream, it is pretty much the number one flavor of all time. So what you're saying is that your cool, classic, and everyone's favorite. Yeah I could see that...

AWHITE:

Hey now, I know a few people that are allergic to vanilla flavor soooo... Tell me about you?

I couldn't wipe the stupid grin off of my face, I didn't know who rickpickle was but I wanted to.