Chapter Twenty Three

TWO MONTHS LATER

I had to admit moving to LA was such a better decision, though I missed being so close to Hannah. It was nice being close to Jamba Juice. I was sitting at the table sucking down a smoothie and flipping through my emails when I heard someone yelling my name. I turned looking everyone but couldn't see anyone, I went back to my emails. Emails become growingly important when you are the head developer for an app for a major social media site.

"Abby!" I heard again, I looked up to see someone running up to me, the sun was bright and I couldn't quite make out who it was."Hey?"

"Hey?" I said locking my phone and sitting it aside.

"I just saw you from over there, doing some shopping with Kian," Ricky said pointing toward Top Man.

"I thought I heard someone yell my name," I laughed, so I wasn't crazy.

"Yeah, that would be me," he smiled. "Yikes this is more awkward that I thought it was going to be."

"No don't say that," I said pointing toward the chair across from me, "Sit?"

"Sure," Ricky pulled the chair out and sat down. "Umm how have things been for you?"

"Well I just moved into an apartment here in LA, Cyber's app is taking off and successful so my job is fabulous." I paused, "But I really owe that to you."

"Don't say that," Ricky said looking down. "I just pointed out the job ad and need, it was you that earn the job and made the app happen."

"What have you been up to?"

"YouTube," he laughed. "Kian got a new puppy and Jc got a cat so our house is slowly turning into a farm, I swear!"

"Why don't you get a pet?"

"I have Kian and Jc," he said in a serious tone before laughing.

"True!" I laughed.

"Ya know Abby, I never meant to like shut you out or anything. I was just confused, I thought that you didn't like me once you found out rickpickle is me."

"Ricky, I never meant to make you feel that way, if anything I liked you more when I found out rickpickle was you."

"You're the first girl I have met out here in California that has truly made me feel like this place could be home," he avoided eye contact but I knew it was just because of his nerves.

"You're the first guy who has ever made me feel special."

"Ricky!" Kian yelled waving, I waved back.

"Well I guess he's wanting to go," Ricky said glancing in his direction.

"I should probably head out of here anyways," I said tossing my cup in the trash can and picking up my phone and purse. "It was nice to see you."

"You too," Ricky said turning and walking toward Kian. I watched for a moment before turning to walk away myself.

"Abby!" I heard Ricky yell and I turned faster than I could have imagined. Ricky grabbed me in his arms, crushing his lips against mine. I had never felt a kiss with such passion before, there was love behind this kiss, I could feel it.

"Wow," I said as Ricky parted his lips from mine.

"I'm sorry," he said letting go of me.

"Don't be," I said standing on my tippy toes and kissing him once more.

"Oh Ricky get it!" Kian yelled over in our direction.

"Really," Ricky said motioning toward him laughing. "So I'll call you?"

"You better," I laughed. "I'll be waiting."

Ricky ran toward Kian, smacking him in the arm for what I assumed to be his comment. I turned and walked away as I felt my phone vibrate. "Hello?"

"I didn't wanna keep you waiting," Ricky laughed.

"You're such a dork," I laughed turning and waving back at him and Kian. They waved too.

"I'll call you later Abbs," he said.

"I'll be expecting your call, rickpickle."

"Ya know feel free to call me Ricky," he laughed.

"Will do," I said before hanging up the phone. Glancing back one more time at the two boys standing waving in my direction before they turned to walk into another store. I turned and headed back toward the parking lot, with possibly the worlds biggest smile on my face.