Chapter Nine

My heart felt as if it was going to explode, how would rickpickle know that I was any of those things? Part of me wanted to respond to the comment quickly but I restrained myself, knowing I only had a matter of time before Hannah was knocking on my door expecting me to be ready. Hard to get, I thought to myself.

I pulled out a plain white tee shirt from my closet and a pair of shorts, simple choice. I got dressed and paused for a moment looking in the mirror, what would Hannah say about this outfit? Too simple, I thought. I went back to the closet grabbing a red bandana and tying it around my head like a headband. That's different, I thought as I put on my beat up converse sneakers. I grabbed a simple black crossbody purse out of my closet, unloading the items from my clutch from the night before into it. I was interrupted by another ding notification from the computer. I tried to ignore it the best I could but ultimately headed over to the computer. A personal message. I had never recieved a personal message on Cyber before. Cyber was a site about what you had to say. There were no photo upload options or profile pictures, it was a site about words. You didn't have the photo element to attract creepy people or catfishs. I clicked to the message inbox section quickly, but in my gut I had already hoped that the message was from rickpickle.

MESSAGES: UNREAD (1)

RICKPICKLE:

Hey,

I know I don't know you, well I know your Cyber page, but I don't know you. I'd like to, in the least creepy way possible. Yikes, this sounds creepy. I promise I'm not a murderer or freak or anything.... Yikes....

I laughed out loud, startling myself, what had I just read. I heard a knock at the door but replied quickly any way.

AWHITE:

Hi,

I promise that I am not a murderer or freak or criminal or anything. And as far as you know that's not a lie.... Yikes?