Chapter Fourteen

"No seriously before we moved these girls would send pizza to our house constantly! Sometimes we'd buy it because shit it's pizza and it's good but sometimes I'd feel like a total douche sending it back," Kian laughed before grabbing another slice of cheese pizza from the box.

"Dude one time I just bought it because I felt bad and these girls order anchoieve pizza to our house! I was so disappointed, it went straight to the trash, nasty as fuck," Jc said before taking a huge bite out of his slice. We were sat on the floor in a circle around the two pizza boxes for a couple hours, telling stories and talking about life. It almost felt as if we were at a high school slumber party, it was strange but comfortable.

"I just don't understand why a fan would just order you pizza," I laughed. "Like why? What does that do for you?"

"Who knows! Thankfully since we moved no one has figured out our address," Ricky said before wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"These two young girls came to the door once asking if they could paint the house! I was like ummm no that's alright," Kian laughed. "I'm pretty sure they were filming it all too!"

"Oh yeah I remember that!" Ricky fell into a loud laughter scaring Wishbone.

"Come here bud," Jc said arms held open as Wishbone scampered over to him.

"Fangirls will be fangirls," Hannah laughed. The room fell silent after the laughter, everyone was stuffed I don't think it would have been possible to be anything other than silent.

I picked up my phone from the floor beside me, smiling at my new screensaver before unlocking it. I paused for a moment before logging into Cyber, it took me a minute to navigate to the messages but I did it. I stared down at the screen glowing with "girlfriend?" still there in dark, bold letters.

AWHITE:

Ya know like a girl who is also a friend.

I sent it quickly before I could stop myself but I immediately regretted it.

"Abby?" I looked up brought back to reality.

"Yeah?"

"So you like social media?" Jc asked.

"Yeah," I laughed. "I mean I have a degree that may or may not have been a total waste in that department."

"Why don't you just YouTube?" He asked like it was something so simple.

"I don't know," I said after a moment. "I guess to be honest, I had never thought of it as a career option. I always just saw myself working for a big social media company doing something to make a difference there. I'm not saying that I want to invent the next Facebook or Twitter or anything. But it would be nice to be behind something that people use daily."

"Yeah, I see whatcha mean." Jc said letting go of Wishbone as he ran to the backdoor to be let outside.

"Besides I don't think I would get much of a following," I laughed. "I'm not a very interesting person."

"Haha," Ricky laughed strangely as he looked up from his phone. I looked to him his face looked nervous and pale. Had I said something offensive?

"Hannah is the one that's good with cameras anyways!" I said trying to break the awkward tension in the room.

"Well we will see about that after we get those pictures back!" Kian yelled as he let Wishbone out of the door to go outside.

"Where are you going?" Jc said pointing to Ricky who was standing and turning to walk toward his room.

"Umm," he paused. "I think I just need to like lay down or something, yeah."

"What's up with him?" Hannah said as we heard his bedroom door close.

"Who knows," Jc said picking up the trash off of the floor. I moved to the couch to sit as Hannah helped clean up the place a bit.

RICKPICKLE:

Ohhhhh... I see

AWHITE:

Yeahhhhhh

What had I done? I thought to myself.

"Abby, we better head out. We do have a long drive ahead of us," Hannah said grabbing her purse.

"Yeah very true," I said standing and throwing my purse over my shoulder.

"Well text us when you wanna meet up with those final pictures!" Kian said with excitement.

"For sure," Hannah said with a smile.

"Tell Ricky we said bye," I said as we headed toward the front door.

I jumped as we opened the front door, Ricky's bedroom door flew open.

"Shit!" I screamed, "You scared me!"

"Yeah for real dude! What the hell?" Hannah screamed.

"Where are you from?" Ricky yelled.

"Excuse me?" Hannah said confused. I took a step back this was all very confusing and somewhat startling.

"Abby! Where are you from?" he yelled again.

"Anaheim?" I said confused.

"No, your hometown."

"Miami?" I was starting to get frightened.

And with that Ricky flew back into his room slamming the door closed.

"What the fuck?" Hannah whispered.

"Let's get out of here!" I said pushing her out the door quickly.

"That was too freaky!" Hannah said as she hurried to unlock the car doors so we could escape whatever weirdness was happening in that house.