Chapter 1: Rescue

It was night time and pretty dark but their was a full moon so it was still pretty easy to see. A lioness named Nirmala was wandering around, feeling lost "Where I am?" Nirmala wondered worriedly. She was a lone lioness who had no idea where she was or where to go.

She looked around her surroundings to get a good idea of where she was, she looked down on the ground. There was some plants growing and she looked up seeing some kind of forest. As she got closer, her ears twitched at the sound of a stream.

Nirmala made her way over to the forest. "I could rest here for tonight" she said and walked deeper into the forest. Nirmala was a little scared. She crept catiously into the forest, her ears down in fear

"Hoot hoot!" Nirmala gasped when she heard a sound and her head swerved to the right fast to the scource of it. A white owl was standing on a branch, looking at her with her golden yellow eyes. "Hoot hoot" the owl hooted at her and Nirmala relaxed a little and kept walking. She followed a path but that owl knew where that path lead and she flew off.

The owl flew to a small cliff where someone, a large feline, was in the shadows. He turned to look at her. "There's a lioness wandering around near the mountain stream. She seems lost" the owl said, revealing a girl voice. "Lead the way Neha" the feline said, revealing a deep male voice. The owl flee off and the feline leaped off the cliff and followed her.

Back to Nirmala, the lioness had arrived near a mountain stream. She bent down and took a drink from the water, the cold water tingled her tongue as she lapped it. It was a refreshing relief for her. Meanwhile, the owl Neha had came back, flying in the sky and she started circling Nirmala so that her friend could find her.

But Nirmala spotted Neha in the reflection of the water and she looked up. "Nirmala recognized her from before. She had a strange feeling that owl was back for a reason. Then she caught a scent and she gasped recognizing that scent as another lion. Nirmala turned her head to the left at some bushes in the shadows. She stared at it, feeling nervous, her eyes using her night vision to see what was in the shadows.

Finally, two yellow glowing eyes appeared in the shadows and Nirmala can see the shape of a lion and his huge mane. Gasping in fear, Nirmala quickly darted off running, surprising the lion. The lioness ran at full speed, wanting to get away from whoever she saw.

She looked up and saw the owl still flying, only this time following her. Now Nirmala was convinced that this owl was with that lion. She spotted a rock like platform on the other side of the river. Nirmala quickly skidded on the ground so she could turn and she ran to the edge of the river and jumped across.

"Ah!" She yelped panic when she wasn't able to get across, her paws and claws clinging on the rock, trying to pull herself onto it but her claws were losing hold. The other lion saw she was in trouble.

"Ahh!" Nirmala yelled as she fell in the water and the rushing current carried her away. Nirmala struggled to swim against the current but it was too strong and she was terrified and couldn't stay calm. Nirmala lost sight of the lion but unknown to her, the lion had ran ahead, his eyes on her to try and save her.

Nirmala spotted a small tree near the river and she latched her paws on it, trying to hold on to it. But the river was strong and tried to drag her. "Ah!" Nirmala hissed when one of the branches scratched her arm and she let go from the pain.

Nirmala got pulled into the water, the cold stinging her and rushing water shaking her around. Her strength started to get weak and her vision started to blur but then Nirmala felt something grab the scruff of her fur and something pulled her out of the water.

Through her blurry vision, Nirmala saw that she was out of the water and onto dry land again. She felt someone tugging her from her fur.Nirmala panted heavily and exhausted and she turned her head to see who it was. She could feel herself getting weaker.

Although everything was blurry, Nirmala could see a lion standing above her with an emotionless expression with dark brown fur, a huge mane and his yellow eyes glowing and staring at her. The owl flew by and landed next to the lion before Nirmala blacked out.