Chapter 274: Making Plan

Yao Ling could see her father's conflicted face, thus, she asked softly. "Father, what's wrong?"

Rong Qiu sighed. "Actually, I have something that belonged to your grandmother. But..." He hesitated to say more.

The others looked at each other and knew that this thing must be important to him.

It must have been a blow to him to know that his mother was gone and yet, he had to give away the remembrance.

Thus, they didn't say anything but waiting for him to tell them himself.

Rong Qiu showed it to Yao Ling.

It was a white jade with the Bei Yue symbols --- the same symbols that Yao Ling had activated back then.

This one looked simpler and there was a small 'Rong' word engraved there.

Yao Ling knew despite it was from ordinary jade material that could be found anywhere, it must have a special meaning --- otherwise, her father wouldn't be so sad.

"Father... why is this jade so important?" Yao Ling asked curiously.

She wanted to know the story behind this jade.

"When I was Uncle Qiu, I only thought of this as an ordinary jade and kept it away randomly without feeling any guilt. However, I remember about this jade now. It can be said as a love token that is inherited from generation to generation," Rong Qiu sighed.

He knew that this jade pendant must have given by his real father --- yes, he knew his real father wasn't the clan leader.

His mother had told him about it a long time ago... thus, he felt hesitated to give this to them.

Not only this was a memento from his mother... but also from his father ah~! He looked at the jade pendant longingly...

That was why he felt slightly regretful.

This token should be passed down to Yao Ling...

Besides, this was the only thing that their clan had.

Lin Jian asked, "Can we duplicate this?" If it could be duplicated, it would be good.

Rong Qiu sighed. "It can be duplicated but there's not enough time, right?"

Even though the jade was special, but it was actually only an ordinary jade.

This type of jade could be found everywhere and an expert would be able to duplicate easily because of the simple design.

However, they had no time to find an expert and making the duplicate also took times ah~!

The others couldn't answer Rong Qiu's question.

After all, it was really true.

Rong Qiu knew that it was better to sacrifice the memento because Yao Ling was more important to him.

He only had this one daughter and he couldn't lose her.

He had too many regrets in his life --- including not filial enough towards his own mother.

Even though he forgot everything, he still felt guilty.

However, he only had this one daughter.

Although they had just met, their father-daughter bond was still there.

He closed her eyes and said inwardly, 'Mother... I'm sorry! I will sacrifice everything for my daughter. I'm sure you will agree with me, right?'

He could only ask for permission just to calm his heart and he would ask for forgiveness when they met again in the afterlife.