Chapter 276 - 277

🔘Chapter 276: Next Destination - Nei Huang

Xiao Fang wondered why such a strong woman was able to leave and abandon her all alone while deciding to run away.

However, she could accept and even wholeheartedly bring Yao Ling up all alone...

At this point, she really envied Yao Ling ah~! From the story, she could even feel Jiu Lan's love for Yao Ling.

Xiao Fang tried to erase that thought away because she knew how hard Yao Ling would be if her mother didn't pick her up at that time --- she most probably would be dead.

At least, Xiao Fang had a loving family and she never once had to do hard work.

If she was still unsatisfied with this, it would show how greedy she was.

Thus, she was able to calm her mind down.

Jiu Lan did that actually because she also felt guilty towards her real daughter --- that was the reason why she poured her love solely to Yao Ling.

When she ran away from the Han Kingdom, her mind was still full of depression and she didn't feel guilty for leaving Xiao Fang behind.

The further away Jiu Lan was from the damned place, the lighter her heart had become and her depression turned for the better.

This was when the guilt started to gnaw inside her heart, after all, she left her little baby inside the hand of a beast and she started to think with a clear mind how cruel she was back them.

She blamed herself to the point that she wanted to kill herself by jumping into the river --- that was when she met baby Yao Ling for the first time.

In the end, they were actually saving each other's life.

If she met Yao Ling earlier, there was no guarantee that she would save Yao Ling and bring her up on her own.

After all, she was also in a bad condition previously.

It was just because of fate that they found each other...

Lin Jian could also feel the pain in his heart when he heard this story.

His mother really lived a hard life, however, at least, she was smiling before she was dead --- it meant that she lived a happy life with Yao Ling.

For this, he was also feeling grateful to Yao Ling. She made his mother have the will to live.

Lin Jian had no time to feel envy because, for the past few years, he just wanted to know whether his mother was living a good life or not.

When the atmosphere turned heavy again, they decided to change the topic and chat cheerfully with a lighter topic.

Yao Ying and Yao Ling hadn't told Rong Qiu about Wang Fu's condition because they thought this kind of private talk shouldn't be talked in front of Lin Jian and Xiao Fang.

They still had a lot of time to tell Rong Qiu about it.

Yao Ling planned to bring Rong Qiu along with her to An Yang and prepared a house for him.

After all, Rong Qiu couldn't live in Wang Fu.

However, Yao Ying wasn't so sure that Rong Qiu would agree because he knew that Rong Qiu would want to search for Su Wan.

How could he be tied down in one place?

However, Yao Ying didn't tell Yao Ling this just in case the latter would feel sad.