Chapter 310: The Performance, Part 1-2&3

PART 1

The lighting on the banquet was very bright and they could see the face of each audience clearly --- they looked so bored and annoyed.

It seemed like they didn't really like the previous performance ah~! This was really so troublesome!

They needed to lift up the mood first and this should be done by their first performer who would appear at the beginning.

Thus, they started to feel nervous once again.

Fortunately, they could see Feng Yong Rui's smile which trying to comfort them and they became slightly relaxed --- they really needed to be more confident in themselves.

They could easily spot where Feng Yong Rui sat down because Yao Ying and Lin Jian had gotten the seating position after they handled the two assassins.

The first one who would start the act would be Yao Ling and she would try to cheer the mood up with her music.

Her qujin was placed in the middle of the room and there were beautiful lantern decorations around her which made her look like an ethereal fairy.

Yao Ling wore a veil to add a mysterious effect to the audience.

When the audience saw Yao Ling, they were entranced by the beauty that she was emitted.

There was no need to see her face for them to be dazzled by her prettiness.

The previous solemn atmosphere changed for the better in a flash --- it really gave Yao Ying mixed feelings.

People were attracted to his wife, he felt proud and at the same time, slightly uncomfortable.

After all, his wife was being coveted by so many men because he could the lust in most of those officials' faces.

He sighed and knew that he should be focused on their performance, because after Yao Ling's apperance on the stage, it would be his turn.

Once Yao Ling played the song fluently, people felt even more entranced.

The song started in a low melodious tune which broke the silence after the people gazed admiringly at Yao Ling.

Even though they couldn't see her face, her snow-white skin and slim figure brought a lovely image to the audience.

They could see her enchanting and sharp clever eyes which looked so pure.

They could detect a slight nervousness from the woman which made Yao Ling look so frail and alluring.

It made the men really wanted to protect her --- even the Han Emperor couldn't take his eyes away from her.

This made Feng Yong Rui feel slightly nervous just in case the Han Emperor thought to make Yao Ling one of his women.

However, when he remembered about the plan, Feng Yong Rui noticed that there would be no time for the Han Emperor to do that.

Thus, he was able to put his heart down.

Some of the women felt jealous when they saw how the men were attracted to that lowly woman by only a glance.

They sneered when they thought that she was merely a commoner and at most, she could only become a lowly concubine.

However, the sound of Yao Ling's qujin made them feel surprised as well.

This wasn't the type of song that could be learned easily by an ordinary woman --- they felt pretty sure that the latter wouldn't have a famous teacher to guide.