Part 6

After what seemed like hours of dealing with snobby rich boys all after the throne, you'd decided that you'd had enough. Afterall, you were only entertaining these people to keep an eye on the pirate captain, whom you lost track of quite some time ago. You excused yourself from the current man you were dancing with and gave a look around the room hoping to spot him. No luck. You sighed snd thought 'Well there goes my chance for adventure. He probably thinks I said something to the guards. All well.' Avoiding your mothers gaze you fled back to your room.

      Once you were there you laid on your bed ready to sleep, not really caring about the dreadful corset you were still trapped in. Just as you were about to drift off, you heard a few gun shots, followed by screaming. Your eyes shot open and you sat up. You could hear muffled voices, and despite your best efforts, you couldn't understand a single word. But you did know one thing, it was coming from the ballroom. You stood up and reached under your bed for your fathers sword, you carefully fastened it out of sight under your dress. You smiled to yourself and whispered, "Looks like something interesting is going to happen tonight afterall."

      You ran out of your room and to the servants passage way, then made your way down to the ballroom. You hesitated. Was this really what you wanted? Sure your life was pretty dull and you felt entirely alone, but it was safe. You had a guaranteed future if you stayed. What are you talking about, of course this is what you wanted, excitement, risk....adventure. You took a deep breath, and pushed open the door.

      Whatever you were expecting, this wasn't it. People were huddled together in small groups all around the room, each had a pirate standing over them. Or, who you assumed to be pirates, cleverly disguised as guests to the party. At the front of the room, with your mother and step father, was him. The captain.

~Authors note- sorry for the long freaking wait. Im going to write more, hopefully soon. I'm just not feeling it right now, and that leads to especially awful writing. So here's a short little part to tingle your taste buds.~~~~