Chapter Nine

Surprised by the middle-child's bluntness, Zandre couldn't help but spill out his amusement in loud, hearty laughter. Now able to separate his thoughts from his unreasonable jealousy, he found that he had good first impressions of these younger brothers Ichiro so zealously protected. It made him wonder how Ichiro would be with their own children in the future. His line of sight slipped lower to his Omega's flat stomach, trying to imagine it filled with his child and his lower body automatically sprung to life once more as if eager to fulfil this figment of fantasy.

All three Omega's turned to glance his way, Ichiro's midnight eyes darkening as he trembled, while the younger brothers coughed one after the other and took a step backwards. Trying to retain some vestiges of sanity beneath yet another lustful assault of that man's pheromones, Ichiro pinched the flesh of his own arm hard, frowning in pain. "Listen, Mr Kotze," Ichiro said through gritted teeth.

"Zee," the Alpha corrected him without losing the growing smile upon his face.

Ichiro stared at him blankly for a moment before continuing; "I admit I agreed to call you, but that was under pressure. I'm just not interested in pursuing a relationship with you!" As his brothers were behind him, he didn't see them both roll their eyes heavenward. "I have a class coming, so you should leave."

"Hmm," Zee replied, nonchalantly, glancing down both sides the rundown street, a slight frown marring his forehead, but he didn't seem as if he had any intention of leaving. His thick lips curved once more, his expression this time somewhat devilish, causing a shiver to trail along Ichiro's spine. "I'll leave," he suddenly agreed. Ichiro sighed with relief and yet a small, discomforting pang settled in his stomach.

This is for the best, Ichiro reminded himself. He was sure that once this man was completely out of his life, things would be like they were before he'd met him in those toilets. He was sure his body would return to normal as well, eventually.

"On one condition," the man continued. Ichiro's frame immediately became tense with both apprehension and nervous anticipation... wait no... no anticipation, definitely not...

"What condition?" He asked, cautiously when the man did not elaborate.

"You go on a date with me," he replied.

"D-d-date?" He stuttered in response. His eyes followed the gentle nod of Zandre's head as if mesmerised by the cool way he moved to acknowledge his words.

*****

Zandre unlocked the front door of his house with a flourish, the smile that was etched upon his face reflecting the satisfaction within his heart.

The house was located in a sub-urban area, the families who usually purchased here had more than comfortable lives.  But it just so happened that three of these large, detached properties were owned by the same family alone, Zandre's was one of them, his parents lived in another a few streets down.  His next door neighbours to his left were the parents of an old school mate of his, while those to the right lived in this home during the summer months, but travelled to their house abroad for the winter. 

He'd bought this detached property using his first few month's wages as a deposit, once he signed with a professional team in the premiership having been scouted from his university team. That was one of the most memorable events of his lifetime. Sure he'd been a bench warmer for a while, but to be able to train with the men he'd always considered peers was beyond words.

He tossed the keys into the thick, clay bowl upon the side unit in the hallway. Much of the furnishings in the house reflected his self; the chunky, wooden units, the oversized leather sofa and super kingsized bed upstairs in the master suite, the muted colours upon the walls and the stainless steel kitchen. But every so often, could be considered a woman's touch, like the odd scattered cushion on his sofa, an antique vase on the bookshelf that otherwise stored his collection of rugby memorabilia and three piece toothbrush holder, soap dish and cup sets in the bathrooms. Those had all come from his mother and sisters. The few oddities that 'Lani had sneaked in overtime, despite her being aware that he wasn't keen on her aesthetic, had been placed in a box in the coat cupboard ready to give back to her.