Chapter Twenty Five

Stretching his abundance of strained muscles, Zandre stepped off of the plane with a deep exhale. Was it too much to claim that that had been probably the longest journey he'd ever had to suffer?

A fairly large storm that had been travelling a safe distance from any shores abruptly changed directions while Zandre had been travelling to the airport, aiming to head in land. This had not only caused delays to several long haul flights and cancellations for local and short distance flights, but the rugby matches due to be scheduled that day were postponed, a rare thing in their sport.  Zandre could only wait in the shelter of the airport for it to pass. Almost twenty four hours later, when the strongest of the winds had died down after the storm had moved on, Zandre's flight had taken off.

However, he and his agent could do nothing about missing the connective flight they had been scheduled to take midway. The airport personnel at their stop managed to find them seats on a different flight and they were on their way once more, some three hours later. Of course by this time, they had already missed the Charity Event that his managing agent hoped for him to attend.

The Event that was intended to raise money for underprivileged children, had been a buffet and auction affair. Several celebrities were invited to attend to increase the profile of the event, though in truth, there would not be any A-list celebrities actually attending. Most would state that it conflicted with their schedules, they had a prior engagement or event that required their presence or they were heading abroad to film. A few wouldn't make excuses at all, but donate money or treasures for the auction itself, which kept the organisers happy and didn't mar their reputations.

In truth, Zandre hadn't wanted to attend either. Most of the people attending were the arrogant wealthy second generation, who, in the name of charity, wanted to improve how the public perceived them while enjoying themselves and throwing about their wealth. The celebrities attending had some fame, talent even, but who couldn't see that their faces were beautiful or handsome and were an excellent accessory to the whole affair. The two young women that had come up with the idea, however, actually had wanted to raise money for charity and had no ill intentions, just that they were a little naive and hadn't eyes to see beyond their little worlds of glitter and the foil covering the seedier side of the event was enough to satisfy them.

Zandre considered the fact that he couldn't go due to the flight delays, the silver lining in the exhausting experience.

While his agent headed towards the luggage carousel to pick up their suitcases, Zandre glanced down at his phone to check the time. It was not quite midday. His Ichiro would likely be working and as much as he wanted to hear the other's voice, he didn't want to upset Ichiro's boss. He already knew that the Omega was having a hard time with his second job, though he didn't know the details as Ichiro wouldn't tell him and Saburo couldn't, but he didn't want to make it worse. So he sent Ichiro a text to mention that he was back in the country and wanted to see him. He couldn't help but add that he missed him.

His agent returned frowning, pulling their luggage as he did. "What's wrong?" Zee asked.

"It's nothing," the man responded. "The battery of my phone discharged. I hadn't realised that I hadn't switched it off during the flights, leaving it on silence instead. I had wanted to check in with the company before sending you home."

"Too diligent," Zandre chuckled. "I just want to return home to shower and sleep!" Or better yet shower, see Ichiro and then sleep.

The man was equally as weary. Napping on the plane in business class during the first leg of their journey had been alright, but the second part of the journey, the two men had been stuck in economy. Not so bad for him, he wasn't a particularly tall or large man, the leg room had been enough, but for Zandre... just seeing him squeezed into the small space made his manager feel uncomfortable.