Glass and Gold // Cinderella! Reader x Dragon! Prince Charming.

"Shiver and quiver, little tree..."

Once upon a time...

There was a wish.

It was whispered into the night, so weak and soft that it went unheard. This weak little wish had been whispered many times before, a secret that was heard only by the stars themselves.

And then there was another.

It came in a hiss of heat, a flicker of flames laced with a deep, secret wish. It had been held onto for so long but now it had been released. It had been spoken.

And so we have two wishes.

Now, dear reader, these two little wishes have been spoken and heard...and we all know very well that, in the land of fairy tales, any wish is bound to come true, if only one is willing to believe in a little bit or magic...

~

She was only a mere servant...but not for tonight.

After years of abuse and cruelty, Y/N felt that she deserved just one night of glamour and beauty...even if she had to take it herself.

Her stepmother, the wicked woman, would certainly accuse her of stealing but tonight, Y/N didn't give a damn about that woman. This dress belonged to her. It had been her mother's. The slippers and the jewels were hers too, left to her and locked away in the attic, left to gather dust and rot away. But she had fund them once more.

And tonight, she would wear them.

For one night, she wouldn't be treated like a slave. Y/N would not be a servant in her own home, forced to wait upon her family. She had spent years suffering beneath her stepmother and stepsisters, all while her father just looked away.

But tonight...

Tonight she would have her wish.

Her one wish.

Tonight Y/N would be a princess and then...she would run. From her family, from her home, from everything. Never to return, never to clean or cook or be starved and beaten ever again.

She would find her own home.

The castle was like something out of a fairy tale, golden with curved spirals and round roofs. As Y/N made her way through the castle, she caught her reflection in the mirrors. And for a moment, she did not recognize herself. With the rags cast off and the dirt washed away and a smile on her face...she looked like a different person.

Her gown was golden and glittering, lace and pearls cascading down the dress and falling around her like a pool of gold.

Her slippers were glass, yet so sturdy. They had been her mother's wedding slippers and had fit so perfectly when she'd put them on.

She looked...pretty.

And her heart was beating as she glided down the shining staircase and into the ballroom.

All around her lords and ladies danced, silk gowns swirling and gems glittering like little stars. The music swelled, laughter and chatter quiet beneath the sweet song. For a moment, Y/N felt as though she didn't belong there. As though she ought to run back to her cinders and rags. But then her scars stung once more and she told herself that she deserved this.

One night.

Just one night.

From the crowd, a figure emerged. The dancers seemed to part for him, a sea of people allowing the man to step closer and closer to her. A handsome middle eastern man dressed in red and gold approached her, smiling as he offered her his hand. He smiled, revealing sharp teeth, and his eyes seemed to flash golden.