A Stolen Rose // Reader x Minotaur.

"Of all the roses in the garden..."

Once upon a time...

There was a prince.

Prince Gideon was fair and brave, a renowned warrior, superb scholar, a prince that was beloved by all. But he was, and had always been, a selfish, spoiled little creature. Behind his pretty, princely exterior was a gluttonous monster.

Everything he saw, he wanted!

Everything he wanted, he would have!

And, oh, he wanted her! Since the day he'd seen her in the tree, he had wanted the young woman. She was a pretty little thing and his greedy mind could only see her shining beauty.

How pretty she would look by his side!

How happy he would make her!

Prince Gideon believed himself to be in love, begging and pleading for her to one to him, to join him. He had promised her everything! A castle, a kingdom to rule, gowns and jewels and all of the finery one could ever imagine!! But...she had only refused him, darting back into the darkness of the treetops and leaving Gideon seething with rage.

How could she not want any of it?! How could she not want him?!

It had been her own fault, all of this!

If she had just done what he had demanded...if she had just gone willing...but she hadn't. And Gideon, feeling sick with anger and heartache, had bee forced to resort to dirty tricks in order to get his way.

To put it quite simply, he had stolen her.

Pulling her away from the forest, she had been dragged into the shining city and thrown at Gideon's feet. Gleeful once more, the prince had pulled the sobbing brat into his arms, thanking that hideous old hag for everything.

And her!

Wildrose!!

That was what he named her, Princess Wildrose. No longer was she Y/N, the little peasant, the wild thing living in the woods. She was a princess! She was perfect!! Gideon dressed the girl in silk and gold, drenching her in diamonds and pearls. With her plain gown stripped away and her wild curls brushed until they shone, with that crown on her head...she looked beautiful.

Well. She would have been beautiful if she would only stop crying!!

"Shut up! Just shut up!!"

Gideon was screaming and pacing, raging over the sobbing girl all the while. Since the day she had been brought to him, Wildrose hadn't stopped crying, not even once. In her waking hours, in her sleep, every moment of every day!

"I've had it with you!!"

Grabbing her by the hair, Gideon cursed and screamed as he dragged Wildrose away. Through the castle, through the gardens, all the way to the tower.

It was an old, old building, tucked away in the farthest corner of his estates. Opening the heavy door, Prince Gideon through Wildrose into the dark tower, grinning as she cried out in pain. He closed the door with a cold, heavy slam and screamed through it,

"You can stay there until you're less of a brat!!"

No more crying. No more sobbing and shaking, no more annoyances. He almost liked the peace and the quiet but...Gideon would like things a whole lot more once Wildrose behaved.

It wouldn't take too long.

The darkness and the cold would get to her soon. If they didn't, the hunger would teach her a lesson. And if she still remained stubborn...well! Prince Gideon had a few other methods to try out in case of that. It wouldn't he long before she was his!