Storms and Sleepless Nights // Princess! Reader x Prince Mal'ro.

"He traveled all over the world in hopes of finding such a lady..."

Once upon a time...

There was a terrible storm! Wild, with mighty winds and endless rain, then thunder shaking the sky and the lightning splitting the clouds with a scream of light.

It was a horrible storm!

Princess Y/N had been dreading this trip entirely, but then again, who wouldn't? Her kingly father, in all of his shining wisdom, had decided that a marriage to Prince Anduin was to be his little daughter's fate...

How wonderful.

In her heart, Y/N knew that it wasn't the prince she was angry with. It was just..everything else. Everything in her life. No choice was her own, no matter how small. From what she wore to how her spoke, where she went, what she ate, every moment and decision was made for her. No dream was allowed to thrive, every hope being ripped away from her heart. It felt like everything in her life had been snatched away by others, leaving her standing and suffering beneath them all.

First her father, ignoring her until it suited him to suddenly pay attention to his little princess...only to send her off forever.

Send her off into this marriage, which she felt so certain was a doomed failure.

Then this storm had come along, a tiny rain cloud becoming a mighty thunderstorm, shaking the stars into silver raindrops and creating an uncontrollable sea.

In the terror of the storm, the ship had sank, forcing Y/N to scramble into a lifeboat.

Then, in the confusion and fear, her boat drifted away. Her ship, her servants and guards, they all vanished in the blink of an eyes as the sea carried her far, far away. Perhaps such a thing suited other princess but Y/N was scared and lost and more hopeless then ever.

And now...

Now she was lost.

Her little boat had washed ashore onto some small island, crashing upon the sandy beach and sending her running into the safety of the trees. As if it were not enough for humanity to punish her, nature had decide to try it's hand at tormenting her as well. It seemed as though some god was desperate to lead the princess astray...or maybe kill her.

Lovely.

Y/N sighed, brushing her wet hair out of her eyes as she trudged on through the rain soaked island, imaging the scolding she would receive should she ever be rescued.

Apparently, while she was certainly old enough to be married off, she was not old enough to do anything by herself...and she was reminded of this nearly every day of her life, by her servants and teachers and father as often as possible.

"A princess does not wander!"

"Or speak out of turn."

"Go anywhere without a proper escort."

"A princess does not consort with servants."

"Or sass back."

Or anything.

A princess does not get to do anything, even live her own life. But that wasn't the issue right now. As she forced her way through the wind and the rain, Y/N realized that she had no idea where she was...which could be very dangerous for the princess.

This island was unknown to her, possibly to anyone, and so were the dangers that came with it.

Beasts.