The Shadow Ball // Prince Karasu x Prince Reader.

"Come along and dance away, into the darkness you fall."

He was falling.

Prince Y/N had always had a bad habit of falling into dangerous situations but this...this was something entirely new.

Perhaps princes were supposed to find trouble but, well, Y/N had never been very fond of it. He wasn't the type to slay dragons or charge into fiery battles, he didn't go around rescuing princess from towers or defeating any evil wizards. But even though he never went out of his way to find trouble...trouble found him.

And today, trouble had found him wandering in some forgotten corner of the castle garden.

As Prince Y/N walked through the black roses, the earth seemed to crumble beneath him and swallowed the prince into the darkness.

So...he was falling.

Through the darkness and the swirling cold, the prince found himself falling and falling deeper into the unknown until...until...

Until he saw light.

A soft, flickering light.

It seemed almost like the light of the stars but as the prince focused a little more...he saw that it was glimmering gemstones, set into black rock and shining brightly. It was almost beautiful, the way the light and shadows swirled with one another...if it was not for the fact that he was falling and falling to his certain death.

Would it hurt?

Would he feel it?

But Y/N never found the answers to his questions. Before he could fall upon the rocky ground, something came from the shadows and swooped him into safety.

Y/N gasped as something held onto him so tightly, pressing the danger prone prince to a feathery chest and beating heart. In his fear, he had closed his eyes...but now he opened them once more, looking up at his savior.

Black feathers, inky and soft.

Golden eyes, glimmering so warmly in the darkness.

And a gentle voice in his ear, comforting the prince so sweetly as they flew through the darkness together.

"Don't worry...I've got you."

The stranger swooped low, coming upon the safety of a dark, stony garden. Prince Y/N soon found himself placed back upon the ground, catching only one look of his hero before the stranger flew off into the darkness once more.

A cool smile, upon a long beak.

Sharp claws, waving goodbye.

He was...so handsome.

For a moment, Y/N could only stand there, feeling simple and strange. Who was that winged hero? Where had he flown off to? And...where was he? At that, he remembered where he now was and everything that had happened, snapping back into reality and looking about. He needed to get home...but looking up, Y/N knew that there was no way he was going back that way.

Well.

He'd just have to find another way home.

Turning away, Y/N followed the stone path through the garden, through the glimmering flowers and deeper into this strange land.

~

He was lost.

Prince Y/N wandered through this shadowy land, trying desperately to find his way home. But the longer that he walked, the more lost he became. Home suddenly seemed so far away and Y/N wondered if he would ever find his way out of this place. A flicker of light caught his eye and, overjoyed, he ran for it.