Ever After // Snow White! Reader x Undead! Princess Charming.

"I'm wishing for the one I love..."

Once upon a time...

The dungeon was cold.

Cold and dim and dirty, with not a human soul in sight. Mice and rats ran in the darkness, their paws scraping against the dirt, and spiders danced in their delicate webs. The dungeon was cold and empty...except for just one person.

In the darkness and the cold, there was one small soul huddled in the corner.

A girl. A princess.

She wore only a tattered apron and a thin, ragged dress that was barely enough to comfort her through the cold. Dirt and soot covered her skin, her feet bare against the stone floor, as she shivered in the dungeon. One look at her and you might think her a miserable creature...but her beauty still shined through the disguise.

Lips sweet and red.

Hair tangled and soft.

Skin soft and lovely.

Neither the cold nor dirt could hide her beauty, no matter how hard she had tried to make it so. And she truly did try.

It was better, she had learned very quickly, when she hide herself beneath grime and misery. The punishments were not as cruel then. If she played her pathetic part, cleaning the castle and begging so pitifully, then her stepmother might show her some mercy. Sometimes. But not always. Tonight, she hadn't played her part well enough.

When her stepmother had the guards drag Y/N to the throne room and thrown at the queen's feet, Y/N had tried so desperately to play the game.

Stay low.

Don't look at her.

Speak softly.

Don't step out of line.

Ilse gazed down at her stepdaughter, dark red lips smiling sweetly as she looked at Y/N's trembling figure. But sweetness quickly turned sour and now...now she was in dungeon again. Locked in the darkness, shivering softly in a dank corner. Perhaps she should have been more afraid. Tried to escape. Cried and wept. Something. But through the dark and the terror, there came something that comforted Y/N greatly.

"Darling~"

The sound of the soft voice made her smile happily. Hand crept from the shadows, gray and ice cold, and wrapped around her waist.

"Rose!"

Here, in the darkness of the dungeon, was another princess. Rose Red had been killed long, long ago and had buried beneath the castle, quickly forgotten and left to slumber...but not for long. Not forever After yet another painful punishment from Ilse, Y/N had been thrown into the darkness once more, her blood dripping down her back and falling to the dirt...on to Rose Red's grave.

Her pain had awoken the undead princess.

And now Rose Red helped Princess Y/N through her own pain, comforting the shivering girl so sweetly and softly.

Rose held Y/N close, holding the shivering girl to her unbeating heart as the two whispered in the shadows. In the dungeon, no living soul heard their plot, other then the rats and spiders. No one knew of their plan.

And, if they followed every careful step, no one ever would.

~

The woods were dark.

Darker then the dungeon, darker then Ilse's heart, and colder then both. The moon was hidden beneath thick, black clouds, only a few slips of silver leading her through the shadows. Gnarled trees and black thorns filled the woods, tearing at Y/N's skin and dress as she ran and ran as fast as she could. Blood and rags were left behind her but it mattered not.