Sing Me a Song // Rapunzel! Reader x Drider! Prince.

"All at once, everything is different..."

Once upon a time...

There was a song.

It drifted along the wind, a soft tune flowing softly through the trees, a little love song that was so sweet to his ears.

How many times had he heard this song?

How many times had he followed this sweet, strange voice only for it to slip away from him?

But tonight...tonight would be different. Tonight, Anasi would follow the song...and he would find her, this sweet siren. The drider crept through the forest, his powerful legs sending him striding through the dark trees.

"High is the moon tonight,

Hiding its guiding light, high."

Anasi ran.

Through the forest and through the trees, determined not to lose the song this time. Not this time! The drider prince slipped through the shadows, faster and faster with every step of his many legs. He followed the song quickly.

"Heaven and earth do sleep,

Still in the dark so deep,

I will the darkness sweep."

There!

In a clearing was a tower, tall and ivy covered. Blue lilies bloomed all around it, creating a soft ocean of flowers. Anasi stopped, his heart beating in his chest so nervously as his six eyes roamed over the tower.

And then he saw her.

In the window of the tower was...a human. A woman.

"I will the moon to flight,

I will the heavens bright,

I will the earth delight."

In his delight, Anasi could not hold back any longer. He rushed through the sea of flowers, petals flying and falling all around as he did. The drider was so quick and careful that the woman didn't even see him scurry up the tower, not until he revealed himself to her.

"It's you!"

Of course she screamed, falling away from the window in shock. Anyone would be surprised to see a stranger suddenly peering through their window.

At first, her eyes lingered on his human half. He was handsome, a black man with dark skin, crossed with intricate tattoos on his arms and chest, and long dreadlocks tied into a braid. But it was his eyes...his gorgeously black eyes, all eight of them gazing at her...

Her own gaze fell below his waist, seeing the body and legs of his spider form, thick and brown and strong.

"Who...who are you?" She whispered.

The drider smiled, creeping in through the window (though it was a bit of a squeeze for his lower half) and reaching out to her.

"Prince Anasi. And you would be...?"

"Y/N."

What a pretty name! What a pretty woman!

She was so lovely, with her long (very, very long) hair and gentle eyes, looking up at the drider shyly. The two talked for a while, sitting beneath the starry window and whispering in the dark. Anasi wanted to know why she was in such and tower and Y/N wanted to know, well, everything.

Everything about the outside world.

What it was really like, what the people were like, what the woods felt and smelled like to him. She had never left her tower, she said, her mother would not allow it no matte how much she begged. And he told her, whispering as much as he could before the first rays of sun began to shine. At the sight of this, Y/N hurried him away and told him that he had to leave before Mother Gothel returned.