Leave Out All The Rest (Chapter 3)

"And when you're feeling empty. Keep me in your memory. Leave out all the rest, Leave out all the rest." 

Shay's POV//

The next race up on our schedule was to Atlanta for the Folds of Honor Quik Trip 500. I have always liked coming to Georgia especially to Atlanta because it reminds me of home in a way. During my college days Whitney and I would love to take trips to Atlanta for the weekend to go shopping, to explore the city, and to meet up with other friends. Ryan and I get to be at home in Mooresville for a few days before we have to jet set back to the track for the weekend. When we got home from Daytona we went to pick up Sturgil first because I knew that seeing Sturgil would make Ryan feel better. I feel bad that he has been beating himself up about the Daytona race, but it was out of his control and it is only the first race of the season. Today was now Monday so we had roughly a whole 5 days to be here before leaving again. I decided to two-way call both Emma and Whitney to see what they thought about the pictures that we had taken over the weekend for the boutique. 

***Phone Conversation with Emma & Whitney***

Shay: Hey girls!

Emma:Hey hey hey.

Whitney: What's up my girls?

Shay: What did you think about the pictures that we took over the weekend at the track? 

Emma: I thought that they turned out super cute, I'm gonna filter and edit some and then send them to the two of y'all. 

Whitney: I think with us posting and with the boutique posting we will start to see an increase in our shop. Especially knowing that we ourselves wear our own clothes, the fans will definitely want to buy some. 

Shay: I think so too. I can't wait to see what they look like, and what the ones that NASCAR had taken as well. 

Emma: Okay I'm sending the pictures for y'all to post now. I'll talk to y'all later I have to go get Louie ready for his play date today. 

Shay and Whitney: Thank you so much Emma for all that you do for us. 

Shay: Give Louie a big hug and a kiss from me and his Uncle Ry Ry! Bye girls!

@TheCheckeredFlag&Co Come get some super cute clothes for this upcoming Racing season! We can't wait to share with you all what our favorites are, and maybe you'll catch us at the track in them

@TheCheckeredFlag&Co Come get some super cute clothes for this upcoming Racing season! We can't wait to share with you all what our favorites are, and maybe you'll catch us at the track in them. When you come to the store and mention this post, you'll be entered to win a brunch with Shay Clark (Ryan Blaney's girlfriend), Whitney Dillon (wife of Austin Dillon), and Emma "Blaney" Conley (Ryan Blaney's sister and Cale Conley's wife) in downtown Charlotte! #RacingWives #Shoptilludrop #CheckeredFlag #TeamPenske #RichardChildressRacing #RyanBlaney #AustinDillon

Shay's POV//

I went to the store today to help dress some of the mannequins before I met up with Ryan for lunch. He had to film for Glass Case of Emotion today. Glass Case has become quite popular in the podcast department now that Ryan is officially on it full time. We ended up eating at Fresh Chef Kitchen in Mooresville. We ate and then I wanted to show Ryan the store even though he's probably seen it over a thousand times. I wanted him to see how we have dressed the mannequins for Racing Season. Ps: They even are holding his and Austin's flags with their numbers on them.  I could tell that Ryan seemed super excited about racing this weekend in Atlanta because he knows that no matter what the outcome is there was gonna be a party at Chase's house that night. Since Atlanta was Chase's hometrack after all. Maybe this weekend I'll run the idea by both Emma and Whitney and see if they would ever want to bring a hauler like the guys do with their merchandise and have a little pop up shop at the Speedways. 

I don't think that it would be a bad idea, and with both Whit and I being there it'll bring more of the fans out. The publicity would help too talking about the store, racing wives, and the racing season in general. Emma won't be there in Atlanta this weekend since she'll be with Cale for the start of his racing season, but Whitney and I will be there. After leaving the store Ryan and I went home and decided to cuddle on the couch with Sturgil binge watching a few episodes of Game of Thrones that we had recorded. While watching tv Ryan and I would both make comments even though we know that these characters can't hear us. I told him that I would love to grow my hair a little bit longer so I could start braiding my hair like Khalessi. He said that he wants me to wear my hair in buns like Princess Leia does, "typical Ryan though am I right?" I'm sure he is already thinking about what we are gonna wear for Halloween this year and you know it is gonna be Star Wars themed. 

After the last episode was  over I looked up at Ryan to see that he had fallen asleep. He looked so cute and peaceful, while he was cuddling both Sturgil and I. I sneakily took a picture of him without waking him and sent it to both his sisters. I may or may not have also posted it on my Snapchat as well, oops sorry Ryan. 

                                              ~Time Jump to the Atlanta race~

Feels good to be back here in Atlanta. Ryan will be starting 26th, Brad Keslowski will be staring 19th, and Joey Logano will be starting 27th right next to Ryan. The National Anthem was sang by Atlanta native Jason Aldean before the Invocation was given. I turned to Ryan and we hugged and kissed each other before he had to get in his car. I pulled out the little card that I had written him that said "And when you're feeling empty. Keep me in your memory. Leave out all the rest, Leave out all the rest" in it and I also included in the card that I loved him and that I would always be here for him no matter the outcome. He read it and put it back in his firesuit pocket before I leaned in and kissed him again before the race started.