Valentine's Day (Chapter 10)

"On a Valentine's Day, on a Valentine's Day, on a Valentine's Day, on a Valentine's Day" 

//Shay's POV// 

Ryan was in the hospital for 4 more days after he awoke from his coma. The doctors at the hospital wanted to run a few tests to make sure that his head injury was okay, so he would be able to fly back home to North Carolina. While Ryan was getting his tests done I talked to his family about wanting to throw him a little "welcome home" party. They thought that the idea would be super cute. We decided we would keep it small with his friends, some of his crew, and family. I didn't want him to be overwhelmed by a lot of people plus we would have Dale and Amy there and Sturgil our dog. Erin and Emma were going to be calling our friends to go ahead and let them know. When it is closer to time I can have Whitney go over to the house with my spare key so she can decorate. Since Emma and I have been out here in Vegas Whitney has been running the store with help from her friend Mariel who we had met previously during the past racing seasons. Mariel is married to Paul Swan who is a part of Austin's pit crew. 

———————>Time Jump——————-> 

We touched back down in Charlotte at 3 Saturday afternoon. NASCAR was off for the week so all of our friends could make it. I helped Ryan into the truck that his dad Dave was driving before his mom Lisa and I got in. I texted Whitney that we were on our way, so she could get everybody ready for the big surprise. She had time to swing by and decorate the house and backyard yesterday, the only thing she had to do today was go buy and pick up the cookie cake that we had ordered. From downtown Charlotte to Mooresville it was roughly about a 20 minute drive. Once we approached the road that our house was on I sent a text to Whitney to say that we were almost there. When we turned into the driveway there were balloons tied to the mailbox in Ryan's car scheme colors. Of course he immediately looked at me when he saw those balloons. I thought to myself "hmm I guess there is no way of being sneaky around him." Whitney sent me a text saying that everyone was outside in the backyard waiting for us and that everyone's cars were hidden over at Dale's house so Ryan wouldn't get suspicious. Dave parked in  the driveway and said that he and Lisa were going to grab our luggage so we could go ahead and go in. Which was code word for me that they were sneaking out to the backyard with Emma and Erin to be with the other guests. Ryan and I walked into the house to see some flowers that had been sent, a handmade card from Louie, and a big banner that hung on the staircase that said "Welcome home Ryan." 

He turned around to me and kissed me like his life depended on it. I kissed him back just as he did to me, but I couldn't let this get out of hand. I broke the kiss and hugged him before he asked me where Strugil is. I told him that Whitney had came by and dropped him off in the backyard an hour ago, so we should head out and go see him. We walked hand in hand over to where the back door was leading to the backyard. I let him turn the handle of the door so he could step out first and see his surprise party. As soon as we stepped outside everyone cheered and said Welcome home Ryan! The first one to run to us both was Sturgil, he was so excited to have his buddy back. Once Sturgil calmed down one by one Ryan's friends and family came up to him to talk and hug. After everyone came by and talked to Ryan Whitney got up and said "I hope y'all are hungry, we ordered all of Ryan's favorites so who's ready to eat?" 

 After everyone came by and talked to Ryan Whitney got up and said "I hope y'all are hungry, we ordered all of Ryan's favorites so who's ready to eat?" 

@ShayClark : This boy right here is something else y'all. "Hope is not lost today. It is found"-Leia Organa. I love you @Blaney 💙🥰 

Comments: 

@WhitneyDillion: Cuties 

@EmmaBConley: We love the both of you so much. 

@ErinBlaney: OMG get married all ready. I can't, y'all are precious together. 🤩 

@NASCAR:  🚨Favorite Couple Alert 🚨 

@ChaseElliott9: Glad to see my buddy back home. 

@Blaney: A Star Wars quote and one of my favorite pictures of the two of us?! I love you more than you know @ShayClark ❤️😍

Later on after everyone left Ryan and I sat down on the couch with Sturgil and decided to watch some Netflix before getting ready for bed. We decided to watch a few episodes of Friends. Friends is one of those shows that we could watch over and over again no matter how many times we have already seen them multiple times. We watched 4 episodes before calling it quits for the night. I could see that he was exhausted and needed some good rest. Since we missed Valentine's Day while Ryan was in the hospital we were going to have our own little celebration tomorrow. 

I got up early so I could make us some coffee and a little breakfast. I decided to make some French toast and some bacon, that is one of Ryan's favorite meals for breakfast. A few minutes later he came downstairs to the kitchen in his plaid pajama pants with no shirt on. He had me so distracted that I almost burnt our bacon. Once our breakfast was ready we sat down at the kitchen table and ate before we started discussing our plans for today. While we were sitting there Whitney had called me and said that our shirts had came in from out collaboration with Samantha Busch, so she wanted me to come in and see how cute they were. I had her on Speakerphone so Ryan could hear our conversation. Once Whitney and I finished our conversation Ryan said that I could go and meet up with Whitney at the store because that was going to give him some time to get our Valentine's celebration set up. Hmm I wonder what he had up his sleeves planned for me. 

A/N: Ooh I wonder what his plans could be?!? 2 chapters left of this story. The only spoiler that I can give you about the sequel is that it is called Fine Line after the one and only Harry Styles' album. Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think and don't forget to vote and comment! All my love- MK