In Pieces (Chapter 12)

"So I, I won't be the one. Be the one to leave this, In pieces..."

//Shay's POV// 

After I talked to Ryan for a minute or two it was time for me to get going. I grabbed my purse and car keys before giving Ryan a hug and a kiss. I told him I would be back home soon and that I would text him when I had made it to the shop. He said "okay, please be careful. I love you!" I told him that I will be careful and that I loved him too. After that I headed out into the garage to get into my car. Before I pulled out of the driveway I called up Whitney to tell her that I was on my way. She said that Emma was on her way also and that Samantha was also going to be joining us. I am glad that Whitney and Samantha were able to push past some of their problems that they have had in the past. I know that I have only known Samantha for a little bit, but she has been super sweet and always available to help. I think seeing that has helped Whitney get through everything in my opinion. 

Once I had arrived at the shop Emma was just getting out of her car as well. She said that since we were looking at a lot of clothing and items with other people she didn't want to have to be on the lookout duty for Louie. So Cale Emma's husband was at home watching him. Emma and I walked into the shop and saw Whitney sitting in the floor with a big box of shirts in front of her. We grabbed some empty mannequins that we had and pulled them over to where we would be in case we decided to dress some in these new outfits. Samantha walked into the shop a couple of minutes later with some coffee that she had brought for all 4 of us. We all gratefully grabbed a cup and slowly drank some before we got to work. Whitney opened up the boxes and pulled out one of the shirts for us to see, it was in a light purple color to match Kyle Busch's paint scheme this season. Then she grabbed a red shirt and a light blue one that matched both Austin and Ryan's paint schemes for this racing season. 

@TheCheckeredFlag&Co: To quote Darrell Waltrip "Boogity, Boogity, Boogity

@TheCheckeredFlag&Co: To quote Darrell Waltrip "Boogity, Boogity, Boogity...LET'S GO RACING BOYS." We are in love with these new shirts. Thank you so much to @SamanthaBusch and @Avantithelabel. Come on buy and shop our newest collection for all things racing. #Shoptilyoudrop #NASCAR 

Did we have an impromptu photo shoot? Yes we did. Do the clothes look super cute that we have to share these pictures on multiple accounts? Why of course they do. Within seconds our notifications were blowing up and people were telling us that they couldn't wait to order some or shop them at the racetracks this weekend. We loved the way that Samantha had paired her shirt with a fun skirt, so that's what we decided to change our mannequins to wear. This is one of those outfits that was going to be in the very front of the window so everyone can see. After we got everything posted and changed in the store the 4 of us girls sat around the big table talking and drinking our coffee. Samantha told us that she had heard that CMT was going to be airing the first episode of Racing Wives in a few weeks. That is so exciting for them! 

I didn't really know what to think when I was offered a spot as a "friend of the wives" at first. I felt like I wasn't really someone who is well known in the racing community, but apparently I am. After we had finished drinking our coffee it was already after 3 o'clock that afternoon. Ryan said that I needed to start heading back home around 5, I am telling ya I have no idea what tricks he has up his sleeves for this evening. Samantha said to us that she had bought us some gifts for being so sweet and doing this collection with her fashion line. Some of the gifts she had got for us were some outfits that she wanted us to try on first to make sure they are going to fit. She said that she had them at her house if we wanted to come on over and come see them. I sent Ryan a text and told him and he said that was fine and to have fun. 

Samantha and Kyle live outside of Charlotte over on Lake Norman which is only around 40 minutes from downtown. 

---------------------------TIME JUMP----------------> 

I made it back to the house around 5. Perfect timing I thought to myself. I walked back in to see Ryan dressed up in a button down plaid shirt and some jeans on. He had to the left of him some boxes stacked up that had been wrapped in the cutest wrapping paper. He said that this was only the first of many gifts that I was going to be getting this evening. I told him before we get started I wanted to go and get his gifts that I had bought for him. You all know I had a lot of these gifts for him bought months ago. 

I went to the bedroom and got his gifts out from my hiding spot in my luggage. We don't really use our big luggage suitcases when we travel to the racetracks, so I knew he wouldn't go snooping around in there. Once I returned I set down his gifts in front of him on the coffee table. He had moved mine into the living room where he was currently sitting. I let him go first and begin opening his gifts. I got him Sturgil Simpson concert tickets for when he comes to Charlotte, a vintage racing shirt that he had been on the hunt for, a signed jersey from Baker Mayfield, and a bottle of Irish Whiskey. 

Next it was my turn to open up my gifts from him. I opened each of them one by one. I could not believe that he had got me Harry Styles concert tickets, a vintage racing shirt, some Alex and Ani bracelets that I had been eyeing, and the complete box set of Friends. After we were finished with our gifts we hugged and kissed each other. We both love our gifts so much. Now its time for me to change my clothes so we can go out for our little dinner. He said that it is a super nice restaurant in downtown Charlotte that has a fun rooftop bar for pictures. 

LOOKS LIKE ITS TIME TO HEAD TO CHARLOTTE...

A/N: Here I am writing the next to the last chapter of this story. I can't believe that the next chapter will be the end of the story. I hope that you have all enjoyed this story as much as I have. Let me know what you think about it. Don't forget to vote and comment. All the lov-MK