Bleed it Out (Chapter 4)

"I bleed it out. Digging deeper just to throw it away. I bleed it out , digging deeper just to throw it away." 

Shay's POV//

Ryan finished up the race in Atlanta in running 22nd, while Brad Keselowski ended up bringing home Team Penske the "W." We ended up riding back up to Dawsonville with Chase after the race had ended, and decided to have some fun. We got up to Chase's place around 6 that night and then the alcohol began to flow. Thank goodness we were going back to Mooresville with Bubba and Amanda the following day and that Chase had a plane for us. I remember Julia Chase's girlfriend making some "Georgia" peach margaritas, but I don't remember how many of those yummy drinks that I ended up drinking. Ryan was hanging out with his guys playing Xbox and drinking some beer the whole time, but I knew that he had definitely had a few too many drinks also. At around 1 am I decided to call it a night and go and find Ryan and make him come to bed also. I knew that if we didn't then the both of us would be regretting it in the morning. 

I woke up Monday morning in the guest bedroom with Ryan snoring quite loudly right beside me. I slowly got up and immediately went to go and find some Tylenol and some water for both Ryan and I. I walked into the kitchen where Julia, Chase, and Amanda were sitting around drinking some coffee. They looked up when I came in and knew already that I was in need of some coffee, some Tylenol, and some water or Body Armor for Ryan. I went ahead and took some Tylenol and a water back up to Ryan before I headed back downstairs to talk to our friends about what the plan was for today. Chase called and got us a flight back to Mooresville around 3 this afternoon, so we had time to freshen up before we had to be at the airport. Ryan came down and sat with us while Chase told us about the plane that he had got for us. Since Chase and Julia live in Dawsonville, we wouldn't be seeing them until later on this weekend out in Las Vegas for the next race. While they talked I decided to go upstairs back to the guest bedroom where Ryan and I slept and I went to take a shower, I knew that after last night I needed a refreshing shower. 

         ~Skips Plane Ride~

We got back to Mooresville around 5 and Bubba and Amanda dropped us back off at Ryan's house. We were so grateful that Dale and Amy Earnhardt were our neighbors and kept Sturgil this weekend for us. We walked over to Dale's and picked up Sturgil before we decided to head back to the house to figure out what we wanted for dinner. Ryan decided that he was going to make us some hamburgers on the grill, so I made us some classic pasta salad to go with it. I told Ryan that I can't play "hooky" tomorrow and that I actually have to go to work at the boutique and have a meeting with Emma and Whitney.  He just laughed at me and said okay, he had to get up early also. He was going to MRN tomorrow to film for his podcast Glass Case of Emotion with Kim and Chuck, I believe that he was gonna have Chase call in and I'm sure they are gonna talk about our "fun" weekend that we had in Atlanta. After dinner we decided to watch a movie before taking our showers and getting ready for bed. We ended up watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier, with Ryan being the fan that he is I got him the Marvel movie collection for his Birthday. While watching the movie Ryan and I were cuddled up on the couch with his arms draped around me, of course Sturgil wanted some attention also so he hoped up on the couch also on the other side of Ryan.

After the movie was over I let Ryan go and take his shower first, even though his cheeky self kept trying to get me to join him. I was gonna get on my computer while he was in the shower and check out how the boutique was coming along. Since our Instagram post from the other day we have already had so many people come in and shop plus they also entered the giveaway. When I talk to Whitney and Emma tomorrow maybe I can mention to them about maybe teaming up with Samantha Busch and her clothing company for a collaboration to celebrate "Racing Wives." Once I checked my emails Ryan then came out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist. (this boy is something else) 

-------Skips to meeting with Whitney and Emma----->

Emma: Y'all the Instagram has been blowing up lately with tons of new followers and shoppers. 

Whitney: All 3 of our personal Instagram pages have been gaining likes too ever since that post and from the pictures that NASCAR posted. 

Shay: I saw that Samantha Busch has her own clothing company now. Would y'all ever think about wanting to do a collaboration with her company? 

Emma: Hmm that isn't a bad idea. Are you two close with her at all? 

Whitney: Oh lord don't even get me started on her... A few years ago she was so snooty to one of my friends Mariel who's husband works on Austin's pit crew. I like the idea and all since we would be promoting Racing Wives, but I don't want her to be snooty to us you know what I mean?

Shay: I remember you telling me those horror stories of her. Maybe I can go and speak to her when we go to Vegas this weekend for the race. 

Emma: Let's leave Shay to be in charge of talking to Samantha then. Since I won't be there for this race y'all have fun and keep me updated on what happens. Bye girls!

Whitney & Shay: Bye Emma! We will keep you updated and we will take a few outfits this weekend to model for the Instagram. 

------Skips to Raceday in Las Vegas---->

This desert dry heat is no joke out here. I've already had to change my outfit for today's race 3 times. I look like I'm dressed for one of those music festivals but oh well. I am wearing a flowy black and white patterned skirt with a black tank top, some cute strappy sandals, and a black floppy hat with my sunglasses. I met Ryan outside of the motorhome and we headed to the track hand in hand. He signed some autographs for some fans before being called to the stage for driver intros. After driver intros we met back up and walked to the pits where his car was lined up before the race. Ryan was starting in 13th today, Joey was starting 10th, and Brad was starting in 19th. I stood next to Ryan for the prayer, National Anthem, and the invocation before he got into his car. We hugged and kissed each other before I told him that I loved him, have fun, and to please be careful. 

***Ryan"s POV***

Shay and I hugged and kissed each other and then she told me that she loved me, have fun,and to please be careful. I replied to her that I loved her too, I always have fun, and that I will be careful like always. I then slid into the car and got strapped in before we fastened my window net and then the race could start. I was off to a pretty good start and was keeping up with the leader. I slowly started to fall back in line so I could stop for some tires and fuel around the 50th lap. I got back out there and started to try and work my way back into the top. Next thing I know I am being pushed from all different angles and I see sparks start flying. I don't remember my car flipping through the air and landing next to the wall on my roof. 

That's when I looked into what part of mirrors that I had left to see if I had any injuries. "I bleed it out.Digging deeper just to throw it away. I bleed it out , digging deeper just to throw it away." I could somewhat hear my crew chief Jeremy on the radio before everything started to become all fuzzy and then all I saw was complete darkness. 

A/N: OMG this is the longest chapter that I have ever written so far. Hope that you guys enjoy it, and don't forget to vote and comment.