The Little Things Give You Away (Chapter 13)

"The little things give you away, and now there will be no mistaken."

*continuation of Shay's POV*

I decided on wearing a fitted blue cocktail dress while Ryan wore a long sleeved button down shirt that was tucked into a pair of jeans with his boots. Once we were ready to go I grabbed my quilted Tory Burch purse and then we started heading towards the garage. Ryan pressed a light kiss to my cheek as he opened my side of the car door for me before he went and climbed into the driver seat himself. Since Ryan and I reside in Mooresville it's roughly a 42-minute drive to downtown Charlotte. Ryan decided to play some music from his phone that was connected to his truck as we were driving on our way to dinner. His music ranged from rap/r and b to old school country. It didn't matter what song came on that boy sang it at the top of his lungs and then would occasionally look over at me and wink. I swear y'all...he has my heart!

One of the songs that came on was Big Bank by YG, when I heard it I couldn't stop laughing because all I can think about is Ryan twerking or at least trying to twerk to this song when Bubba came over to the house one weekend. He and Bubba together are like Thelma and Louise, but when Chase joins them they become the 3 Musketeers or the 3 Stooges. After that song was over of course y'all know a Sturgil Simpson song had to come on. He is one of Ryan's absolute favorite musicians. Hence the name of his fur baby Sturgil. When the song ended he wanted me to pick a song to play so I picked The Little Things Give You Away by Linkin Park.

As we were approaching the parking lot of the restaurant the last song on Ryan's playlist was just finishing up. Overall I think that he has a great taste in music and I love that he won't make fun of me when I want to listen to my Disney playlist. It probably helps that Ryan has his nephew Louie that will always want to listen to or watch Disney. Once Ryan had parked his truck in a parking spot he leaned over and kissed my cheek. He then asked me if I was ready to head inside the restaurant. I kissed his cheek while hoping to not get any lipstick on him and then told him yes I was ready to go inside the restaurant. He unbuckled his seatbelt and began to get out of the truck when he looked back over at me and told me to wait there so he could come to help me out on my side. I said okay to him and then he got out of the truck.

When he got to my side of the truck he was looking at his phone at the time before he slid it back into his pants pocket. I had already unbuckled my seatbelt and was grabbing my purse when he had opened the door. Once I had grabbed it I sat back in the seat so I could spin my legs and feet around to put them on the truck running boards. Ryan was standing in front of me with his hand held out for me to grab. After I had got out of the truck he shut the truck door and locked it before taking his hand back in mine and intertwining our fingers together. We walked into the restaurant building and then needed to walk over to the elevators. The restaurant was located on the 21st floor of the building and had a cute little patio that overlooked downtown Charlotte. I love seeing the skyline of Charlotte all lit up at night in the blue lights. It reminds me of all of the fun times that Ryan and I have had together over the years from dinner dates to Panthers football games.    (A/N: Keep Pounding! Go Panthers! 💙)

It felt like with the elevator it took no time to get up to the 21st floor where the restaurant is. Once the elevator doors opened we walked down the hallway to where the restaurant was. Ryan told the hostess that he had a reservation under Blaney, I thought to myself "of all names he chose his last name." The hostess then led us to our table and before she left she said that our waitress would be right over to get our drink orders and that they have a special tonight. One of the specials tonight is that the restaurant has a professional photographer outside on the patio taking pictures for people. I thought that it was a super cute idea!  Ryan said that we can go once the waitress comes to take our order. Once we ordered our drinks which were 2 sweet teas for myself and Ryan and a bottle of Prosecco!

Once we made our way to the patio Ryan went and talked to the photographer while I was looking out over the balcony at the skyline. Ryan told me that where I was standing was a really good spot for some pictures. He told me to stand there and let the photographer get some single pictures just of myself and then he would join me in just a few minutes. I said okie dokie and then listened to the photographer tell me how he wanted me to pose. Once he had taken some of me facing him he wanted to get some shots of me looking at the skyline. While I was standing there Ryan asked me to turn around and when I did he was standing there in front of me on one knee. He looked up at me and asked "Victoria Shay Clark  will you marry me?" I stood there speechless and then began saying yes over and over again! It was so sweet and I was not expecting this to happen at all.