it rained again last night

They went back home together after a night class. They have to stay late at school for a night class and this will continue for a few weeks since the final exam is coming near. They need to extremely focus on studying to pursue their bright future and that included Dahyun and Mark. 

They talked about a lot of things on their way back home. A few soft chuckles and whines could be heard from them. They looked so happy.

A month had passed and the exam weeks has started. They barely have time for each other since they were in a different class and year and they also took different subjects. Extra classes and tuition packed up their schedules. The only way for them to see each other is via phone calls and chatting apps. Sometimes they talked on the phone about their tiring day until each of them fall asleep. Mostly Dahyun will fall asleep first and Mark wished her good night before ending the calls.

Just how much they missed each other.

-----

Exam season had ended and the students were hyped about the thought of long holidays. School break is coming. Just by thinking about it makes them feel like they wanted to jump. Mark and Dahyun are also no exception. Think about how much time they could spend together.

"Are you happy that the exam over?" Mark asked Dahyun when he came to visit her at her house. "Well, who doesn't? Finally, I could give my head a break." She replied and chuckled into the couch pillow that she had been hugging. "Do you like that pillow that much?" Mark questioned. "It's just nice to hug. Why?" Dahyun asked back. "Nothing. Just trying to tell you that I'm huggable too." He said a little upset.

"Are you seriously jealous of a pillow?" Dahyun asked in an unbelievable way. "Is that wrong? I'm jealous that my girlfriend prefers a pillow more than her boyfriend." Mark stated. "That's funny," Dahyun said as she put down the pillow and marched forward to snuggle into her jealous boyfriend's arms. Mark smiled from so much content. "--- and cute." Dahyun continued her sentences. Mark was mentally screaming over his girlfriend's cute action. She breathed in the scent of Mark. He smelled of mint and chocolate.

"You know... you are going to enter college next year. What would I do without you around?" She voiced out her concern. Mark exhaled softly. "You will be fine and I will be fine. Everything will be fine." He said. "Are you sure?" Dahyun asked. Mark hummed as a sign of 'yes'. "You trust me right?" Mark's turned to ask. Dahyun nodded. "So much." She said. "I do too. As much as you believe in me." Mark said and looked at Dahyun snuggling on his chest. "There is nothing to worry about." Mark continued. 

"I don't want to let you go," Mark said as he held on to Dahyun's hand tightly. Replacing the coldness with a calming warm. "Neither do I," Dahyun said as she snuggled more close into Mark's chest. Mark stroked Dahyun's hair softly.

"You know..." Dahyun started another conversation. Mark hummed in response.

"It rained again last night," Dahyun announced.

Mark's stroke didn't stop and will not stop anytime soon. He kept silent, wanting to hear more from Dahyun. "As if the rain is also happy for us and wishing us the best of luck." Dahyun continued. 

"Of course the rain is... you love them so much. You welcome those cold weather warmly." Mark said and Dahyun smiled.

"Unfortunately, they also want to send us warm wishes but they can only do that in a cold way," Mark stated. Dahyun sighed. "I still gladly accept that too. I have accepted colder wishes than that." Dahyun said. Mark smiled and ruffled Dahyun's hair playfully.

Dahyun loves the feeling. Being in Mark's embrace when the rain is pouring hard outside.

Then again, it rains even tonight too.