Chapter 4

Seven years have passed now ever since I became the queen of this country. During these seven years, the royal council ordered for me to go through strict training, in order for me to become a 'proper' queen.

Of course, I already possessed all those skills, since I've experienced all of it in my previous life already. Archery, magic, horse riding, knowledge in all fields of literature, ancient language and etiquette. There's nothing I haven't done before. Because I was well versed in all of these fields, I started my job as a queen earlier than my previous life. Back then, it took me seven whole years to complete my training. Now however, I spent three years on this training.

Even if I experienced everything before, for physical actions, I still had to train my body.

I am now fifteen years old and have been working on changing this country for four years. Tax reformation, a trading alliance with another country, rebuilding the city and strengthening the security, those are all the things I managed to change in these four years.

Before this, the nobles used to gather taxes from the farmers, who had nothing to spare and were on the brink of death. I managed to change that system in a way that the farmers would still pay the taxes, but instead of the full 90% of their income, it went down to 30%. The nobles still need the taxes, since the farmers live on their lands and profit from that. You would think the nobles would be unhappy with how much their profit goes down from that, but I managed to make a deal with the royal council ministers.

It seems that Razel has a high amount of sugar canes and sugar beets. During one of my (secret) inspections through the town, I noticed people selling the sugar canes and sugar beets raw. That was when I had the idea of making sugar one of Razel's main products. Sugar is mostly won through sugar canes and sugar beets, so I just needed a prototype and then I slowly introduced this product to the nobles through products such as cake.

Even though the nobles spend their time doing nothing but waste money, they also know how to make money, so they wouldn't miss an opportunity like this.

I started with convincing the nobles to invest in the sugar. One by one, they started to build companies, in which they hired the commoners. 40% of the nobles make much more profit now through the production of sugar, 30% make profit through the inverting of sugar into other goods. And lastly, the rest make profit though the trading of sugar with other countries.

Not only do the commoners not have to suffer from poverty anymore, but they also have jobs now and they can properly take care of their families and themselves.

At first, the royal council ministers were against this idea, but as soon as they learned that their profit would be much higher then before, they immediately gave in.

The cities that were mostly left in crumbles were rebuilt through the huge profit Razel gained through sugar. That was also why I could make guilds, in which many people with many different professions could join. An example of this would be the doctor guild. As you might already read from the name, it is a guild made of doctors. Unlike being paid directly from their clients, they are financed by the kingdom, meaning they help all the people they can help and this is then registered in a magical device.

If you scan this magical device at the main guild building, then you will get your payment. The main guild building is where you can form a guild or where you can get your pay.

Like this, many guild were formed.

To be continued...