Chapter 12.5

Anne's perspective

Apart from having to attend various meetings in a day and signing a number of papers that don't seem to get any lesser, a queen is still obliged to hold tea parties as a form of social gathering, despite the tight schedule.
That is why, I think our queen is amazing.

Normally, even a king isn't supposed to be doing such things and yet, just because she is a woman, she has much more weight to carry on her shoulders than any other person here.
Even accounting the costs and planning the tea parties are all under her supervision. Furthermore, she has to know all the people she invites and has to write invitations to approximately hundred people or more, which always depends on the sort of tea party she is holding.

In a month, Queen Katherine holds about two tea parties, whereas one tea party is almost about five hours long or more. Yet again, it depends on the sort of tea party that is being held. I was told, there is the business type of tea party, where only noble women holding a higher standing in society are invited. These types of tea parties are the most difficult ones, since you can't allow a single mistake to happen here. One wrong word and your reputation may just end up in the dumps.

Then there is the formal tea party, which has to include the Queen fraction. The Queen fraction is made up of noble ladies carrying the Duke's title to those holding a Baron's title, basically all nobles strongly supporting the Queen. It's different from the business tea party, since anyone, who is from noble birth, can attend.

Other than just holding tea parties, you also have to attend them. Queen Katherine gets about five hundred invitations each week, from which she has to pick three from and also write a reply back to. I mostly sort out the invitations by importance and standing, but in the end she still has to look through all the invitations. So in a month, she hosts two tea parties and attends three. Apart from tea parties, there is also her birthday, the memorial of all the previous rulers, masked balls, the sun and star festival, and many more that require a proper celebration.

Planning such events isn't easy, more so if a ruler isn't properly supported by their subordinates. I've seen this a lot of times, but the Royal Ministers are the laziest scumbags that reside on this planet!
Just with the excuse of inspecting their territories they flee from their posts and leave the dirty work for others to do.

What's worse is the reports that they send back to her majesty! I've caught a glimpse of it once and all you could really tell from those reports was the fact that they were doing well. Her majesty doesn't really read their reports anymore. The moment they are sent in, she burns them, as if she was given a pile of garbage.

Even so, I wish there was someone, who could properly support our Queen one day...

It feels kind of lonely.

To be continued...