Chapter 8

Wearing a silky long golden dress that defined my body and matched the color of my hair, many maids were attending to my hair and makeup.

"The carriage has been prepared and the royal guards are waiting, your majesty. The royal minister is also waiting in the guest room and is being served some tea." Anne, who was ordering the other maids around by pointing with her fingers, was notifying me.

As the maids removed their hands and gave each other the 'ok' sign, I slowly stood up, opening my eyes and turning around to face them.

All of the maids froze as soon as they saw me. No one dared to move anymore.

"Y-y-y-ou are really beautiful, your majesty~!!!!" One of the maids announced, while stuttering non-stop. The rest of the maids just hugged each other, while nodding their heads fast.

Anne didn't seem to have a reaction and just stood there.

While a maid was putting a white coat onto my shoulders, she seemed to shake a lot and her face was completely red. Even as I smiled and asked if she was ok, she got even redder and moved away quickly, burying her face in another maid's chest.

["She must be scared of me, poor thing..."] I thought, also being completely unaware of my situation.

Slowly taking steps in my high heels, my slender legs were shown only up to the knee through my dress. As the maids opened the door and I walked out of my room, the knights who were assigned to me by Fergi, froze up and went completely red.

"You must be the knights assigned to me today. Please take care of me today~" I said while smiling calmly.

One of the maids went up and hit the knight's heads, pushing their heads down and bowing.

"I apologize, your majesty. Even thought they are the strongest knights, they weren't taught the proper procedures of greeting her majesty. I apologize on behalf of these idiots!!" The maid said, also bowing down a thousand times.

"I do not mind at all. Please stop bowing down. It is fine, if you forget in front of me, but other royals may mind a lot, so please pay attention to your behavior then." The knights looked surprised, as they heard me say that. The maid, who was bowing down, started thanking me and apologizing.

["They must be close."] I thought, while walking down the hallway, being followed by countless maids and countless knights.

[...]

When I arrived at the carriage that was waiting for me in front of the castle entrance, one of the ministers (I still don't know which one of them and I can't seem to remember his name), was waiting for me and smiling disgustingly, while drooling.

The royal ministers said they would accept my terms, only if one of them was allowed to attend the royal ball, too. I can't believe they sent such a pervert with them. Even I can see his disgusting imaginations float around.

Aside from that, I could see some lights behind the castle gates. Some children and adults were standing in front of the castle gates and eagerly looking at me, while throwing flowers.
It was around noon, so I couldn't understand why they came to see me. I knew that word of me attending the royal ball spread in Razel pretty fast, but I didn't know that people would actually come to see me off.

Before entering a different carriage from the minister (because Anne thankfully insisted), I happily lifted my hand and waved at the people behind the castle gates. A huge uproar began and the people were joyfully jumping around and dancing.

My carriage took off after the knight's carriage took off, followed by the minister's carriage behind me and more knight carriages surrounding me from all sides. The carriages we were in are known as 'Magic carriages'. Unlike the usual carriages, these ones are controlled by magic and flying horses, so basically, this carriage flies. We will also be entering a portal, which is only given access to by royals and is therefore heavily guarded. With the help of the portal, we will travel much faster and arrive in less then 10 minutes in Azures.

To be continued...