"what a nice ceremony" • c.yj

1.3k WORDS;

   " i love you " " i know "

" i love you "
" i know "

warnings: angst, second hand embarrassment, rejection, cursing, tiny bit of fluff, weddings/marriage, mentions of being drunk, alcohol use,

"I can't believe you actually came." Jaebeom stood next to you, watching you gaze at the newly married bride and groom. They looked at each other with such love in their eyes. Something you wanted with the groom, your best friend.

You huffed and bit into another cocktail shrimp. "Don't even do it, Beom. I have to be here, I'm his best woman." You crossed your arms as you chewed slowly. Waiting for the alcohol to finally get to you so you had an excuse to go home early.

"Must hurt." He muttered. Jaebeom was a victim of your indecisive feelings. You attempted to get over Youngjae when you found out he got together with Angelica and that led to you finding out Jaebeom actually, genuinely had feelings for you.

You hurt him because your love belonged to someone who didn't even see you in that light. And he never will, he's fucking married.

"It does." You signaled for him to give you his cup. Without hassle, his half full cup was handed to you and you downed it with ease.

"Need another?" He chuckled.

"More than another. Spend the rest of the night at the bar with me?" You offered your arm.

Jaebeom nodded and took it.

A mistake. Getting drunk at the bar with another brokenhearted person was a mistake by far.

Because here you were, supposed to do your speech about how much you loved Youngjae as a friend and how happy you were that he was able to find someone to love for an eternity according to those rings on their fingers, all wasted and stumbling all over the place.

"___, how much did you drink?" Youngjae pulled you aside to whisper shout into your ear.

"Calm down, Jae. Go back to feeding your wife cake." You pushed him away from the podium.

He didn't leave. Youngjae moved to the side, hoping you weren't that drunk and that you could recite the speech you've been practicing for weeks.

"Hi everyone," You slurred into the mic.

Receiving claps from most of the guests. Your eyes were half-lidded as they glazed over the crowd. Connecting with someone who was just as drunk as you were. He spared you a thumbs up and you smiled.