valentines day • j.jk

0.7k WORDS;

no gifs are working for me due to poor connection and my lack of wifi!
please bare with me and enjoy,

warnings: happy belated valentine's day!, fluff, swearing, mentions of knives, and this is an old drabble i revamped

"Do you enjoy being single?"

The television person asked like they were directly talking to you.

"No," You murmured to yourself with a pout. "Did you get any candy today?" They exclaimed. You shook your head now feeling even worse about today.

Your roommate had just left out for a romantic date with her long term boyfriend, Namjoon. You admired their relationship openly. You haven't been in a relationship since middle school though, it was only for a week until you broke up with him for saying I love you. You thought the relationship was moving too fast.

Looking back you wondered if you guys had stayed together that you'd be married by now. Shrugging at the thought your focused your attention back onto the television. "Well call now and get 45% percent off of the delivery!"

Delivery? Delivery for what?

"Yes that's right! 45% off your Valentine's Day buddy delivery!"

You bit your lip.

You weren't that lonely were you?

You eyes trained on the number at the bottom of the screen. The timer at the top was about to run out indicating this commercial was almost over.

You grabbed your phone, all thoughts about safety being thrown out the window. Dialing the number you pressed the phone to your ear.

It rang.

Anxiousness crawled up your back. Literally why are you like this? You're so lonely on Valentine's Day that you'd call a random place to get a stranger at your door.

The commercial had already disappeared and returned to your normal programming.

It was too late for you though. The ringing had stop and the line connected. Your mind was already gone and your curiosity was higher than your fear.

"Hello welcome to Valentine's Day buddy delivery service. What time would you like your buddy to arrive?"

Jeongguk felt his phone vibrate in his back pocket. Pulling it out he saw the notification from the Valentine's Day buddy service that an order had just been placed. It was in his neighborhood too he noticed. He mumbled a small "score" to himself before paying for the cliché bouquet of roses.

Turns out the address was an apartment right below his. He heard his best friend, Namjoon, going on about how his girlfriend lived right under him but never really paid attention.

Jeongguk knocked on the door and waited for the customer to answer. This definitely wasn't a normal job. But it was only for occasions, at least for him. And it paid well so he didn't mind that much.

Snapping back into reality, Jeongguk heard the door unlocking and a woman opened the door.

"Why do you have a knife?" He immediately asked as soon as he noticed the kitchen ware in your left hand.

"Oh. Don't you live upstairs?" You furrowed your eyebrows.

"I'm not answering that until you tell me why you have a knife in your hand." Jeongguk snapped, this was the first time someone had ever done something like this.

"Uh- I kind of thought this thing was a scam and that a murderer was coming. You're not a murderer though. Right?" You rocked back and forth on your heels.

Jeongguk let out a laugh of relief. Although, he still felt uneasy that it was still in her hand.

"I'm not. And the service is pretty legit. Now, if you want my company could you please discard of your knife." He chuckled.

"Oh shit," You removed your eyes' from his handsome face to the knife in your grasp. "I'll be a second."

Even though the greeting was a bit terrifying on his end, Jeongguk still wanted to hang out with you until the evening struck. He thought you were cute and that is was a plus that you've lived beneath him.

You recollected yourself in your kitchen before returning to your door. "No knife." You giggled awkwardly. But Jeongguk smiled wide, "I got you these." Jeongguk thrusted the bouquet forward from behind his back.

"Thank you." A grin etched onto your face. It warmed Jeongguk's heart. It was the highlight of his job to be making someone's day with lovely gestures. You seemed to be the brightest one so far.

You grabbed the bouquet and opened the door further to let him in.

"Come on in."

The rest of the day was filled with curious questions and glances. It also ended with a follow up date the next weekend.

FIN.