heart shaker • s.cy

0.6k WORDS;

" It's cute, you're cute

" It's cute, you're cute.. "

warnings: crushes, mutual pining, secret santa, fluff, i love this, and happy day seven of christmas fics

"I'm scared." You proceeded to hide behind your best friend, Chan. He rolled his eyes and pulled you from behind him. You stumbled forward, still trying your best to hide from the task in front of you.

"Don't be so scary. It's just a confession letter." The raven shrugged, believing you were just overreacting.

But your heart rate proved otherwise. When you first picked her name all you wanted to do was put it back and draw again. Yet, your overly cheery, christmas loving science teacher had a rule and that meant you were stuck with her name. It was just your luck since you've had a crush on her for the past two years.

You watched from beside Chan as she laughed so gracefully at something Dahyun had told her. Son Chaeyoung, your school's best female basketball player. And arguably the prettiest girl in school. In your eyes she was. She was everything to you and more and she didn't even know that.

"This crush has been dragging you down like an anchor since freshman year. Aren't you tired of keeping it between you and I?" Chan inquired.

He had a point. A very good point matter of fact. You clutched the decorated envelope in your hand.

"I don't think she'll reject you, honestly." He added, putting an ease to your doubts.

"You're right, Lee. You owe me dinner if she does though." You patted his shoulder before descending towards her locker. Thankfully, Dahyun waved her way off down the hallway. Leaving Chaeyoung by herself.

Less embarrassment, you thought to yourself.

"Uh- Chaeyoung?" You squeaked.

The blonde turned around. Her resting face turning into a wide smile at the sight of you. "Hey, ___. Do you need something?" She questioned.

You felt like your heart was going to explode from her immediate concern. Maybe it was just common courtesy but it made you fall for her a little bit more.

"I-um- I picked your name for the secret santa. You know in Miss Jung's class. So here's your gift." You handed her the envelope that held your deepest secret.

"A note?" She furrowed her eyebrows while opening it up.

"Y-yea" You broke into a cold sweat, watching her finally get to the heartfelt letter that you spent literally all night writing. Wondering nonstop if you should had even written her a letter about your crush on her. Wondering if a plushie would've done better instead.

In the end, the letter still ended up in her hands. You watched her lips as she mouthed the words you had printed down onto the paper in cursive. Having to dispose of many last night due to your fear of it not being good enough.

Crushes make you stress too much, you claimed in your mind.

It was worth it though. Seeing Chaeyoung smile bigger than you've ever seen her smile in the five years of knowing her existence was worth it.

"So, you like me?" She recited your lengthy letter in short.

"A lot." You blurted, squeezing your eyes shut in utter embarrassment.

"It's cute, you're cute. And I like you too." Chaeyoung declared. You thought your heart was going to leap out of your throat at the sound of her actually admitting to liking you as well.

"Seriously?" You whispered.

"Yep. I was planning on asking you out sooner but I didn't know if you'd say yes. So, do you want to go out this weekend?" She quirked in eyebrow in curiosity.

"Of course. I'd love to."

"Then it's settled," She closed her locker. "Also this letter is very beautiful. Thank you." Your whole body shut down when Chaeyoung quickly pressed her lips to your cheek before retreating down the hall to her class.

Your hand found your way to your cheek in amazement.

"Looks like dinner's on you, love bird." Chan teased.

FIN.