Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE
The sun had risen high that morning and the view outside was stunning. Holly Lynn began to get dressed in the hopes of having a chance to enjoy the quiet beauty before anyone else rose from bed. She snuck downstairs and headed out toward the woods. Before she could reach them, however, a hand landed on her shoulder.

"Good morning, my dear," King Girard said as he turned her around to face him.

"My King," Holly Lynn politely acknowledged him with a curtsey.

"I see you have awakened bright and early as always."

"The sun called to me, my King." She was nervous for reasons she could not explain.

King Girard stroked her cheek gently as he said, "Come with me, my dear one. I have something I wish to show you." He took her hand and led her back inside.

To Holly Lynn's surprise, they walked downstairs. "This is my private ritual room," King Girard explained. "I do not allow anyone here except Helena."

"I am honored, my King," Holly Lynn replied humbly.

"My sweet Holly Lynn... You are very dear to me. In this place, where it is only the two of us, you may call me Girard." He leaned in closer, and Holly Lynn could feel his breath on her neck before his lips pressed against her flesh.

Holly Lynn tensed. "King Girard... This seems... improper. Surely the Queen would be upset," she said nervously.

"My Queen understands that our relationship is largely for the sake of the Kingdom, Holly Lynn." He pulled her into his arms and looking into her eyes with lust in his own. "You are so lovely, my dear one... Unlike any other I have ever known"

"My King..." Holly Lynn protested softly.

"Girard," he reminded her. He pressed her against the wall, trapping her there with his body as he put his lips to her neck. He began moving them down to her collarbone.

"Girard... Please... This is not proper," she said in a trembling voice.

"I am the King, my dear. I decide what is proper. You know I have always been fond of you. I took care of you from the time you were young... I could never harm you, Holly Lynn... Do you not trust me?"

"Of course I trust you, my King,.. However... I fear I am not ready for such things..."

"Do not fear, my sweet girl... I promise you, I shall be gentle. The magic we engage in today shall be incredibly powerful..." He kissed her lips.

Holly Lynn could feel his magic trying to ease her mind and force her to cooperate. If she didn't fight it, she was unafraid, but on some level, she understood this was wrong. Somehow, Holly Lynn found the strength to resist the spell.

"My King... Please-" She protested as his hands roamed lower. "Girard! Stop, please. You're frightening me."

"Do not be afraid, my darling," he said softly as his hands began trying to remove her clothing.

Terror filled her. She knew she could not stop him, and technically to refuse him was a treasonous act. Still, Holly Lynn didn't want to give in to his advances. She fought the remains of the spell until it fully shattered and was left only with her fear and panic.

The straps of her dress were off of her shoulders. She began to cry softly as he kissed her bare shoulders before lifting her skirt high as he pressed his body against hers. She could feel far too clearly the physical effect his desire was having on him. As he moved to unzip himself, he was suddenly pulled off of her.