Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO

Traveling to Seoul via portal was a new experience for Jason. He decided he kind of liked it. It sure as hell beat flying. As they arrived at his house, he smiled and opened the door. "Welcome to the Dragon's Den... Cozy, right? I have four guest rooms, so a couple of you will have to share," he said.

"I can sleep on the couch," Chris said. "Indy wrestlers aren't picky about sleeping arrangements... Hell, you can just give me a chair or even a spot on the floor."

"The couch in my home recording studio is really comfortable, actually. I'll just sleep there. Half the time, I do that anyway. I tend to hang out and create when I can't sleep. It's not as big as my official studio, but it's a good place to get the creative juices flowing. One of you can take my room. Hiro's apparently my older brother and all, so if you want it, I guess it's yours." He said this casually like it wasn't a huge thing to learn he had a brother. He didn't let on that it was still a pretty big shock. He was Korean, even if he'd been raised in America, and he'd been taught to respect his elders. Older siblings were included in that. Besides, it was kind of cool to know he had a big brother.

Hiro looked surprised. "I appreciate that, but-" He began.

"Don't worry about it. Like I said, I sleep in my studio all the time. It's fine, Hyung."

"Hyung?"  Chris repeated in confusion.

"It means older brother..." Hiro said softly. He took a moment to gather himself before he tried to brush it off as he added, "It's used as an honorific for someone who is older than you."

"And for actual older brothers... Which is how I was using it," Jason said firmly. "If we're really Bay and Blaze, then you're truly my hyung, Hiro. I always wanted one of those, and considering how talented you are, you'll make a great one." He grinned.

Jennifer looked like she was going to cry. Jason wondered if she was genuinely that touched by the exchange or if her expression was reflecting Hiro's emotions. He had a feeling her empathy was kicking in and she hadn't even realized it.

"Thank you, Jason... That's kind of you... I'm just not used to it yet," Hiro admitted.

"You'll get used to it eventually... Trust me, I'm a delight to be around," Jason joked cheerfully.

"Why do I have a feeling that means he's actually a nightmare?" Chris asked.

"Jason... You said you have four guest rooms, plus your bedroom," Nat said. "Including your studio, that's six rooms, and there are seven of us, so... Who draws the short straw?"

"I don't need a bed," Azra said. "I'll be standing guard most of the time."

"Nonsense," Serenity said. "You can share a room with me. I'll create a second bed. It's a simple spell, really. I'd just create more rooms, but that much magic would draw unwanted attention."

"Serenity, my focus is on protecting the children, not sleeping."

"Everyone needs to rest, Azra... Even brave, stubborn Knights." She flashed him a warm smile. Azra briefly sort of smiled back at her.

They're totally a thing, Jason thought. Even if they don't realize it.

"Very well, Serenity," Azra reluctantly agreed.

"Let me show you guys to the rooms," Jason said. He led them upstairs. The first room upstairs was the master bedroom, and he opened the door. "This is your stop, Hiro," he said with a smile. "You should be comfortable in here." The walls were full of bright, crazy colors and pop culture posters. It was large and had its own bathroom attached to it. Jason was pretty sure you were supposed to give the nicest room to the oldest person present, but that would have been Serenity or Azra. Jason was more comfortable letting Hiro stay in his room, and he supposed giving his bedroom to his older brother was a polite gesture.