Chapter 17; Three Legs

Heeeeeey!!! A few things I gotta say before I start this chapter! #1, I'm so sorry for the slow updates, I've been updating other books 😬. #2 The photo above is by ___Shhhh.
#3, we are almost up to 6K reads!!! Thanks so much! I plan on publishing this irl when it gets to 10K reads :).
#4, this is one of the past chapters of the book so enjoy!
#5,.... Dun dun dun.... I just finished school! Hooray!
~~~~

My closed shoes sunk into the soft snow that was now ankle deep. The scent of blood carried in the air. Dried blood stained my arm and my green sleeve. My arms ached as me and the hunting party dragged the mammoth across the snow. We all had ropes tied to different parts of the smaller mammoth, that we used to pull it home.

Finally, the village was in view. When we got to the centre of the village, we let go of the ropes, many of the hunters stretching their sore muscles. I leaned down to catch my breath, my cold hands resting on my knees. Steam came from my mouth as I breathed heavily. I stood up straight as the Chieftain spoke. "You can all go to your homes and tell your families we're back, then we share out the food." he said and my father walked up to the Chief.
"Chief." he greeted as he stopped in front of the Chief. "Lian caught the mammoth on her own, of it won't for her we would have no food right now." my father said and the Chief raised an eyebrow in question.
"So?" I asked and my father replied, the whole time I watched curiously from a few metres away. "I think she should at least be able to have extra than the rest of us, I mean, after all, she could have the whole thing to herself." my father said and the Chief snorted. "You think she should have extra mammoth?" he asked and my father nodded. "It makes sense doesn't it?" he said, turning to the other hunters who watched the situation unravel.
"If you caught a mammoth on your own, wouldn't you want special treatment, that seems fair right?" my father asked the bystanders and they all nodded agreement. If they didn't agree, then if they ever caught a mammoth on their own, they couldn't ask for any special treatment because they disagreed when my father suggested it.
The Chief glared at my father angrily, but he couldn't say no. If he did, he'd be disagreeing with all his people, and having all your people mad at you is an unwise decision. "Fine." he muttered angrily and my father walked up to me. I smiled at him. "Thanks dad." I said and my father nodded. "Anytime. It's only fair, you risked your life to put food in our mouths, I think that deserves a reward." my father said and my smile widened.
"What would I do without you?" I said and my father grinned. "Technically, you wouldn't exist." he said.
Beforw I could reply, the Chief spoke, trying to mask his frustration, but failing.
"Are you going to choose girl, or should I?" he said and my father frowned at him, openinf his mouth to reply, but I lay a hand on his arm. "Don't worry about it dad." I said, then walked to where the mammoth lay lifelessly.

"I want three legs." I said and the Chieftain snorted. "Hah! Three legs?! What is left for us!?" he yelled angrily. Some other villagers had gathered around the mammoth after being informed the hunt had been successful. "You have the body, a leg and the head." I replied simply and the Chiefs face turned slightly red with anger.
"And what do you need three legs for?!" he asked and I shrugged. "Think about it, I won't need any food from the mammoths you guys hunt for a long time. Plus, now you have a body, leg and head of meat more than you would've if I didn't risk my life to catch this mammoth." I reasoned and the villagers nodded in agreement.
The Chieftain growled in frustration but said no more. A few heavily built men came to the mammoth now, with their long knives. They began cutting the three legs off the mammoth, and I sat down cross legged on the snow. I waited for about an hour before I got two full legs, and one leg cut into hand sized pieces, just like I asked. The rest of the villagers ate their servings of mammoth as I tied the two legs together, leaving some rope in between so I could swing the heavy legs over my shoulder. I saw my father sitting on his knees on the snow and I was about the walk towards him, when I saw Leo dodging villagers crowded here to eat, and coming my way. I turned on my heal and after walking a few steps, decided to drop the two legs onto the snow and drag them behind me. The other leg was in peices in my bag made of snake skin, which I carried in my left, empty hand. As I reached my house, I saw my mother appear from the corner of the room, where she had been grabbing her coat to come outside. She had a few vegetables in her hands so I guessed she had been eating with the others, then came her to collect some vegis to eat with the meat.

"Lian!" my mother called with a wide smile stained on her face. "I've been looking for you! Did you really catch the mammoth on your own?" she asked as she dropped the vegetables on the table and walked up to me, putting both her hands on both my shoulders. I smiled back at her and nodded.
"I told you I would." I said. She pulled me closer, embracing me in a tight hug.
"I'm so proud of you." she said quietly as warm tears landed on my shoulder.
We stayed in this hug for a few minutes before mother let me go.
"You are a fine lady Butterfly. Strong, brave and determined." she said as she looked into my eyes. "Lila." my father said from behind me. My mother looked up at her husband as he spoke. "The meat is finishing, you should probably come." he said and my mother nodded. My mother smiled at me then bid me goodbye. Her and my father walked off.

The moon shined bright in the night sky as I lay my snake skin bag on the table. I dragged the two mammoth legs behind me as I made my way into the forest.

April Bluebird/BlueWhiskers1.
Dragon Age.
Chapter 17; Three Legs.
4/Feb/2020.
5.9K reads.
1174 words.

(Good game to play~ Dragon City
Good movie~ Brave
Good book~ Wolves Of The Beyond
Good Author~ John Flanagan
Good Wattpad book~ Wildfire (LuckyandTheDoctor)
Good author~ Imaan00
Good YT channel~ The Family Project,