Chapter 2

Jaith Rodiya boarded their private aircraft bound for the Philippines. The last conversation he had with his grandmother is still fresh in his mind, and this keeps him seething. The older Rodiya insisted that a partnership with a marketing and advertising company in the Philippines would benefit their tea business. Jaith doubts if this is true since the said company is a small one, yet he didn't have the heart and energy to argue with his Acci. And this will not be another regular partnership, this is too personal for his taste. But with his grandmother's failing health, the last thing he wants to do is cause the family matriarch more harm.

The business of tea production has been in their family for centuries and this has been ingrained in his mind ever since he was a little boy. As the eldest of two children (15 minutes apart) and the heir to their tea empire, he experienced first hand the labor of cultivating and processing their own tea in Sri Lanka. From the planting, branding, and grading of tea, up to the manufacturing and research - Jaith did it all. He was even sent to the best universities abroad to make sure that he has the proper degree and know-how to run their business. With the death of their parents in a fateful car crash, his grandmother made it a point to let him secure certifications, make upgrades for their company, ensuring that their global empire is sustainable for the future Rodiyas on the line - the future lamun.

His twin sister, Dayani, on the other hand, never had the interest and the taste for tea. Growing up, he often made jokes out of this, but now he doesn't have the heart to tease. The younger Rodiya have always been a frail child, who's always in her room painting day and night. Now, even when both are grown up, Jaith still looks out for his twin sister, keeping tabs on her whereabouts as a famous artist. 

As the private airplane takes a direct route cruising at 41,000 miles, Jaith continues to run the conversation he had with his grandmother in his mind. He needs to act on this fast, or he might lose the only thing that he cares about aside from his family. He could lose his company, his life.