Chapter 14

They found her!

Lee woke up to pain - pain all over her body, but when she regained full consciousness, she again thank God that she was rescued. She heard gunshots before she collapsed. She learned that Jaith and his men came and caught the perpetrators: the two thugs and their lady boss. She will ask questions later on but now, all she could think about is how lucky she is and that she's still alive today. Lee starts to frown on how all these dramas happened to her when she thought it only happens on television. Tsk!

Her body aches all over even when she tries to move her hand. What with all these tubes attached to her body! She was told, some of these are to combat dehydration and supplement her starvation, and some to monitor her internal body parts for any signs of bleeding and scarring. After her car accident, the doctors talked about how her body has not fully recovered yet. The beatings she received during her kidnapping also caused some complications internally.

As far as Lee can see, her body's all black and blue, and how her face must be swollen and hideous to look at, yet she doesn't mind at all. Not many people were given chances to escape death, yet she has - twice in a row. As she tries to smile on how lucky she was, her eyelids began to drooped, and sleep claimed her again.

They found Lee two nights ago, and since then Jaith was told to go home, get some sleep, and rest. He cried when he carried her home as she looks frail and deathlike. When doctors took her, he knew there's nothing he can do but wait for her to recover.

Now, Jaith tried to control his racing heart as it's about to burst. He needed to be as calm as possible so Lee wouldn't be alarmed. He carefully carried the flowers, a large teddy bear and some chocolates. Later on, he will ask Lee what she wants to eat. When he came to her room, two men guarding the door told him he's not allowed inside.

"What?! I am a family friend, in fact, I'm her fiance. There must be a misunderstanding", Jaith tried to reason. One of the guards apologized and explained that they are under strict instructions from the family that he's not allowed to see the patient.

Not allowed! Jaith wanted to shout that he was the one that rescued her but kept his cool. These men are just doing their job. Jaith was about to call Chris when he saw Lee's father approaching.

"Good evening sir. There must be a misunderstanding as these men won't allow me to get inside," Jaith explained.

"There's no misunderstanding Jaith. I know you were the one who rescued her, but it was because of you that she was kidnapped in the first place. You already know the woman behind Lee's kidnapping is your ex-girlfriend. So I'm sorry if I can't let you near my daughter. She almost died! She has suffered enough, I won't allow it. You better go!"

"But sir..." Jaith wanted to explain further.

"I already said no, and I won't change my mind. Now, please go and don't cause any more disturbance. We will talk soon, but you cannot come near her again". Lee's father went inside the room and closed the door.

Jaith cannot believe what just happened. He just wants to see her. He has to see her.