Chapter 18

"Knowing what I did, can you still forgive me nak?" Tomas Diaz asked his daughter. He finally told her of how he convinced Jaith to leave her. Lee is now crying inconsolably and it's breaking his heart. "Tell me what I can do to fix this? Do you want me to get him for you? Because I will."

Lee shakes her head no. She can't think of any reason to bring Jaith back. Now, she knows he never wanted to go away but had to. And now, who knows if he has moved on with his life and has a new girl now. With that thought, she started crying once more. She's crying for all the what-ifs that they could have done, the missed moments of being a couple, of being one. Lee finally understood the words - lost and pain, and she started crying again. Tomas seeing as Lee already made up her mind, starts to leave but promised to be back tomorrow when she has calmed down.

The clock on her bedside said it's already seven forty-two in the morning. Lee wanted to lay here forever but decided to get up and look around. She had a cathartic experience last night, as if she cried most of her hurt away. She decided to change her bed sheets and the comforter, change the pillowcases, and collected her dirty laundry. She picked things up and vacuumed her room and then decided to take a long hot bath.

She chose a white tee shirt to match her dark skinny jean. She picked a matching pair of dark doll shoes and a small purse. Finally, she pony-tailed her hair and got a pair of dark aviator glasses to complete her look. She grabs her car keys and went to the garden to reach the garage. She is in a hurry to go out, to go somewhere because staying here is suffocating her. Hah! Let her bodyguards catch up! As she passed by the garden, she noticed a figure sitting on one of the lounge chairs. No! Is she hallucinating now?!

But as she went near, the figure became clearer. "Jaith?" she muttered.

"How are you, my love?" Jaith answered. "You've lost weight. Were you sick?" he continued.

Lee can't seem to move forward for fear that this is all an illusion, and that he will disappear again. Tears began to fall from her eyes and that got her crying some more. "You left me! In the hospital, I was in and out of consciousness, but when I finally woke up - you were gone for good. You left me!" she wailed.

Seeing her cry like this is so heartbreaking, Jaith moved forward to embrace her and hold her tight. "I'm sorry. I am so sorry I was a fool to leave you. Please don't cry. It hurts to see you crying like this." Then Jaith started crying too. He can't help it. He heard somewhere that men shouldn't cry but he just can't bear to hear her sobbing. They stood like that for what seems like forever - crying and tightly hugging each other.

When they finally look at each other, Jaith paused for a moment then bent his head and slowly kissed Lee. It was sweet and passionate for a first kiss - then, both of them felt the fire that slowly starts to build in that kiss. They kissed again and again, breathlessly as every muscle in their bodies is taunting with desire. Jaith murmured in Lee's mouth, "Be mine. I have to marry you. I need you. I need you to be my wife." Then he slowly bent down on one knee and opened a dark blue velvet box revealing a diamond engagement ring.

"This was my mother's and I want you to have it, but if you like a new one, I can always get you one. Just marry me? Lee Rosen Diaz, will you be my wife?"

"Of course I will marry you silly, and I love the ring. Now, hurry put it on my finger." Lee said laughingly.

Jaith kissed and hugged her one more time. "Oh, I can't believe that you're going to be my wife. The things we can do together, the places I'll take you to. I will make you happy Lee. I can wait - I will wait for you".

"Are you sure you can wait? I mean, we don't have to. We are..." Lee blushed.

"I can wait for a few days. A week - max," said Jaith.

"A week? for a wedding? You must be dreaming Jaith. We can't pull it off. I mean, we have guests, the venue, my dress, the rings. The list is endless and my parents won't give in so quickly..." Lee stammered.

"Of course we can do it. This time, I won't take no for an answer. Besides, your parents might hand you over to me - what with all the damage you made..." Jaith teasingly said.

"Oh, that. I'm ashamed to say that it's all true. Do you want me to go to therapy? Get into an anger management session? Because I can do it, for you."

"No. I kind of like the fire in you. Besides, that anger and drive within you were what kept you tough enough to survive what you've been through. So, unless you really need it yourself, I don't want you to go. I don't want to tame you. I love you, Lee".

"Me too Jaith. I don't think I can live without you. You are my cup of tea".

"Hey! You stole my line", protested Jaith. "But, it's true for me too. You are also my cup of tea, my life. And soon, my wife."

And they kissed once more, letting the other know how much they mean to each other. Two total strangers that were thrown together - bound by an old promise that they will uphold - and that is, to cherish and to hold.

THE END.