Popular and Not So Popular

(A/N: Suggested by eurrghjjb so thank you for the suggestion. Basically, Cole and Lili are in college together and do know each other but don't necessarily talk or interact because Cole is a really popular soccer player whereas Lili is a really quiet girl who prefers to keep to herself and just write poems. But when Cole sees her writing on the bleachers while he's in his soccer practice, Cole finally notices her beauty and decides to ask her to hang out after their big game.)

*Cole's POV*

Soccer practice can sometimes be a real pain in the ass but I suppose it depends on what kind of mood you're in. As you may be able to tell, I'm not in a very good one since I broke up with my girlfriend, Lauren Caldwell. Yes, she's a cheerleader, typical athlete relationship.

"Sprouse! Get running, that's just a pathetic jog! I wanna see you sprint!" Coach yells.

"Sorry, Coach," I run faster in and out of the cones, along with all of the other players.

After about 5 more minutes of doing that, Coach blows his whistle.

"Alright, boys! Gather around!" Coach yells. "Tomorrow is a massive game. We're playing against our rivals so I wanna see you hustling in this practice, you understand?"

I'm not listening because my attention draws to a stunning blonde sitting on the bleachers, writing in a little book. And when I say stunning, I mean damn stunning. Soon enough, she looks up from her book and eventually catches me staring at her.

I decide to smile at her and she smiles back at me, blushing then placing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Sprouse! Are you listening?" Coach yells.

"Sorry, Coach, I-" I start but he cuts me off.

"I don't know what kind of damn planet you're on today but I don't think it's the same as everyone else! Get your damn head in the game or you won't be playing tomorrow!" He walks away to the sidelines and I get into position.

I briefly look over at the blonde again, seeing her smirking at me, as she probably heard Coach yell at me. I smirk back quickly then once the whistle blows, I begin the game.

*After practice*

Once practice is over and everyone is heading inside, I see the blonde getting ready to leave but I want to speak to her. I don't want to speak to her while sweating this much though. Forget it, I might see her tomorrow.

As I'm walking in, I catch her eyes and she smiles at me for one last time. I smile back while also giving her a wave. She waves back then packs her things up.

I walk into the locker rooms with a smile on my face. I quickly take a shower then walk out to get changed, a smile still plastered on my face.

"What are you so happy about, Cole? You nearly weren't gonna be playing tomorrow," KJ says.

"But I am, so there isn't anything to be sad about."

"What about the fact that you recently got dumped by Lauren?" Charles chuckles while leaning on his locker, shirt removed.

"Well, I don't think we were gonna last much longer anyway, so there isn't anything to be upset over," I shrug and start getting changed back into my original clothes.

"Oh so, it has nothing to do with that hot blonde on the bleachers?" KJ smirks.

"Shut the hell up, man," I chuckle and finish getting changed.