Popular and Not So Popular [3]

*Cole's POV*

*1 week later*

It's been a week and a few days since I asked Lili to be my girlfriend and so far, it's amazing. We go on a date every Saturday and we enjoy each one of them.

Currently, we're walking down the hall and since people already know that we're dating, I catch a lot of girls, staring jealously at us.

"Cole, there are so many people staring..." Lili looks at me for reassurance.

I stop her with me for a moment.

"Hey, don't worry about the stares. You've got me and if you feel too uncomfortable, just give me a tap or something and I can try and walk faster, okay?"

She smiles slightly and nods.

We continue walking, people still keeping their eyes locked on us until Lauren walks up in front of us, stopping us in our tracks.

I sigh. "What do you want, Lauren?" I lace my fingers with Lili's, making sure Lauren knows we're together.

Lauren chuckles. "No need to turn all protective. I didn't realise you two were dating actually, until now."

"Okay, and why should we care what you think?"

"Well, I'm not trying to cause any trouble, but I still like you a lot, Cole..." She places her hand on my shoulder, stroking down my arm.

"Don't you think this is all rather stalkerish?" I ask her, shrugging her hand off of my arm.

"I'm just admitting my feelings for you. As they say, it's better out than in."

"They say that about farting," Lili says quietly.

I chuckle and glance a Lili for a second.

"Oh, you think you're funny?" She turns her attention to Lili and steps closer to her.

Lili gets quite frightened as she pulls herself behind me a little.

"Really, Cole? You're dating someone who can't even fend for themselves, over me?" Lauren scoffs.

"I'd rather date someone smart, someone who doesn't care about popularity one bit, who is so beautiful and can have a good time, so yeah, I'd rather date Lili because she's all of those and you're not even one of them."

"Jesus, Cole. Your standards sure have dropped," Lauren scoffs yet again then walks away, more like stomps away.

I turn my head to the side and smirk at Lili, then we walk to the room where she does all of her writing, which is where she writes the school newspaper.

"I have to admit, I was so terrified then..." Lili says with a sigh and sits down in her chair.

"Why? It's not like she'd do anything to you with me there. Stand up."

She looks at me confused but stands up anyway. I sit where she was just sat and pat my lap. Lili smirks and sits on my lap sideways, wrapping one arm behind me and the other landing on my chest, along with her head. I wrap my arms tightly around her so she can't get away from me.

"Thank you," She says with a sigh.

I look down at her. "For what?"

"Just...being so kind to me and protecting me, even if we haven't been together all that long."

I sigh and smile. "Lil?"

"Yeah?" She responds, head still planted on my chest.

"Have you ever had that feeling when you're in a relationship and you know that it's going to last forever?" I ask.

She looks up at me. "No, why? Have you?"

"I mean, I hadn't until we had that night on the beach and shared our first proper kiss as a couple. I just...I get this feeling and it's a feeling I've never felt before but I feel like we're gonna be together for a long time, if not forever."

I look down to her and see her smiling at me. "What are you trying to say?" She asks.

I was afraid to say it. No, I don't mean I'm afraid to say 'I love you' but I'm afraid to say what's currently running through my mind.

"Cole? You know you can tell me."

"I know but, you probably think it's far too early for the kind of thoughts I'm having about us..."

"Well, if you tell me, we could see if they're the same thoughts or not," She smirks.

I sigh. "I dunno, I just...I genuinely see myself marrying you and quite possibly having kids with you," I look down at her again. "I see myself growing old with you."

She reaches up and places her hand on my cheek. "I'm glad we feel the same way,"

I smile, lean down and press my lips against hers, gently. Once we pull away, our faces are still extremely close together.

"I love you," She breathes out.

I don't even feel unsure or shocked because I know that I love her too.

I smile. "I love you too."

We get broken away from our sweet moment when the bell rings, indicating the end of the day.

"Do you want me to walk you back to your dorm?"

"Would you mind?" She asks.

I smile at her politeness. "Not at all." She gets off my lap.

We both stand up and I walk her back to her dorm.

*That night, 1:30 am*

I'm laid in my bed, just staring up at my ceiling. I haven't been able to sleep because I've been thinking about Lili and what we talked about today.

I sigh and try to get to sleep but still fail. I think it's because I've gotten myself too excited and just really want to marry her.

I sigh again and decide to call her, just to at least see if she's awake.

The phone rings for a while until she finally picks up.

"Hello?" She answers, sounding extremely tired.

Great. I probably woke her.

"Hey, baby. It's me."

"I should hope so since I wouldn't want anyone else calling me 'baby' and I'm sure you wouldn't either. Are you okay?" She asks.

I rub my forehead. "Yeah, I'm sorry if I woke you, I just can't sleep."

"It's okay, don't be sorry. Why can't you sleep?"

"I am sorry for calling so late...I just...I can't stop thinking about you..." I sigh.

"Aw, well that's sweet but how is thinking about me keeping you up?"

"I'm just thinking about what we talked about. I suppose it's all gotten me excited and I wanna marry you," I chuckle and can practically feel her blushing through the phone.

"Aw, Cole. Do you want me to come over?" She asks.

"No, god no, I'm not gonna make you get out of your comfy bed just to see me."

"Are you sure?" She asks.

"Yeah, you just stay in bed. I'll be fine. I think just hearing your voice helped a lot."

"Okay, as long as you're sure. I'm gonna head back to sleep, is that alright?"

"Of course it is, I'll see you tomorrow?" I ask.

"Definitely. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, baby. I love you," I smile.

"I love you too, bye," She says and hangs up.

I smile brightly. I genuinely love her. Like, a lot and I'm glad she loves me just as much.

Hey, I thought this part was super cute and yes this is the final part of 'Popular and Not So Popular' but I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Thanks for reading. Love you all <3