Chapter 2

I grabbed her hands pulling her out of the window. She was on the second floor of Bucks place and Dallas taught me how to climb the drain pipe if I needed anything. She interlocked her fingers with mine.
"Jonathan Andrew Cade your crazy"
She said to me as I helped her out onto the ledge.
"Just be quiet I want to show you some thing"
I said shushing her. She smiled at me and I helped her down the drain pipe. She looked so pretty in the moonlight. She had her long brown hair pulled back like the greaser girls around here would. She had a long black sleeve top on over her light blue jeans. Her red converse was the easiest to see in the dark and her red leather jacket fit perfectly around her tan body. When she looked up at me I almost melted seeing her blue eyes shine in the moonlight. Once I made my way down I grabbed her hand causing me to blush a little.
"Ready?"
I asked. She nodded I pulled her all the way to the park hoping she was as excited as I was to show her my surprise. When we got to the park she looked confused. I chuckled at the sight she had no idea. I walked over to a wall of trees the surrounded the outermost edge of the park. I pulled her into the woods. I felt her shudder I knew she was afraid of the dark and know that we were under the trees we didn't have the moonlight to give us a slight bit of light. I felt her hand tighten on to mine. I smiled at how afraid she was and was looking for my protection. We made our way past a couple of trees until we made our way to a clearing. The clearing I had found one time running away from Soc.'s. Once she saw it she gasped. In front of her stood a giant lake I had found. You could see the moon and the stars reflection in the water. The lake was still which made it more vibrant than before.
"Oh my Johnny it's......beautiful"
She said in awe.
"That's why I wanted to show you it"
I said with a smirk.
"How did you find it?"
She asked. I looked at her I hated reminding her of those stupid Soc.'s.
"The Soc.'s they were chasing me and once I made my way past these trees they left"
I said. I saw her frown she looked down at her shoes. I moved her face to face mine.
"But they didn't hurt me"
I said reminding her. She smiled and she looked amazing at that moment.
"Johnny Cade why are you looking at me like that"
She said blushing. I was always a giant flirt when the gang wasn't around.
"Looking at you like what?"
I said in surrender. She giggled and started swinging our hands back and forth. We both realized we were still holding hands. We both blushed when we looked at each other and let go. I was a little upset she did but it didn't matter I was still with her. I walked her over to a tree that had fallen by the edge of the lake and she sat down. I started a fire in front of us and joined her. She was looking at the stars.
"Me and Pony always try to find the biggest one"
I said to her. She smiled.
"I always make a wish on the biggest one"
She stated.
"What one do you think is the biggest?"
I asked. I saw her giggle.
"That one!"
She said like a five year old. She was pointing to possibly the brightest star.
"Now make a wish"
I said. She looked at me and smiled.
"What do I have to wish for I have everything I have ever wanted"
She said to me but didn't finish.
"Johnny you make a wish"
"I have everything I have ever wanted............except one thing"
I said whispering the last part under my breath. Too bad she heard me though.
"Then wish for it Johnny"
She said. I smiled at her.
"Sometimes wishes like mine never come true"
I said. She gave me a frown.
"Tell me your wish and I can tell you if it's beyond the stars control or not"
She said. I felt my face flush. What was I going to tell her because my wish was her.
"Fine I will just wish for it"
I said avoiding her statement. I closed my eyes and pretended to wish on the star.
"What did you wish for?"
She asked. I looked away from her beautiful blue eyes out onto the lake.
"You"
I said under my breath hoping she wouldn't hear. I swear she has hearing like a bat.
"Johnny look at me"
She said. I turned to face her beauty inside and out.
"Don't wish for something you already have"
She said before she smashed her lips to mine. I brought my hands up to her face keeping it on mine.

I will never forget that moment that was when our story started.