Part 14

Griffin POV

Louis and I had dropped Chloe of at her house and then we went to the diner in town. It was almost 12:30 in the morning but they were an all day and all night diner. We went inside and one of the waitresses came over. "Hey y'all, I'm Leah. what can I get for ya?" She asked in the worst American accent I've ever heard. "I'm sorry to be rude but that was the worst American accent ever" I said. She laughed and said "I know I'm not actually American, I'm from Europe but we moved here when I was 5. Since I work here they make us use American accents" we all laughed. "Well anyways, what do you guys want? Coffee, food, cold drinks?" She asked. "Can we get two loaded waffle stacks with a ice coffee and a chocolate milkshake" Louis said. Leah wrote it down and walked away. "How'd you know I wanted waffles and an iced coffee?" I asked. "I have lived with you for months now. I know you like the back of my hand" I laughed.

Leah brought our food and drinks out and walked away. Louis and I finished our food in 10 minutes and then payed for it all. Leah waved goodbye and we left.

It was 1:30am when we got home. I had a shower and got ready to for school in a few hours. I finished the homework I had forgotten to do before. Louis was already asleep but I was sitting at my desk in the corner of the room with a small lamp on next to me. I stared at the sheet totally zoned out. I had to read the question 3 times before my brain registered what I was doing.

If Isaac has 96 apples but buys another quarter of that and buys another 36 apples, how many does he have now?

It was an easy question. So were the rest of them. I quickly finished my homework and put it away. I hopped into the bottom of the bunk bed I shared with Louis. I closed my eyes and fell asleep..