IX. Not afraid

I hate the news, it was always full of sad stories and it was boring. And no matter what was on the news, we'd hear about it later on the internet or from a family member so it was actually useless. "To repeat, the animal terrorizing Mystic Falls has been caught..." 

   "Scum ball." Jenna muttered, glaring at the TV. "Scum bucket." 

    "Who are you talking to?" Elena asks as she walks into the kitchen. 

    "She's been doing it for the last five minutes, i just tune it out." I say, looking at them from the couch. Elena cracks a smile as Jenna just rolls her eyes. 

    "I'm talking to him." She glares again. 

"The news guy?" Elena asks confused. 

     "Also known as Logan 'Scum' Fell. Did your mom ever tell you why i moved away from Mystic Falls?" Jenna asks. 

    "Ex-Boyfriend." I say, lifting my hand and pointing to the TV.

    Elena chuckles slightly, "Oh, no way. You and him? He's cute." 

    "Isn't he?" I ask, sitting up and turning to look at them, Elena shooting me an amused smile, while Jenna still glares at the TV. 

    "No, he is not cute." Jenna corrects. "There's nothing cute about him." Jenna shuts off the TV and i give her a fake pout. 

     "Aw, come on. I was watching the hot news guy." Jenna rolls her eyes and i stand up, walking over to the table and sitting next to Elena. I look down to the gold trinket in her hand and i quickly realize their the family heirlooms. 

    "What are you doing with that?" Jenna asks, leaning over us. 

    "I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box." She explains while shining the locket "Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood that she would loan it to the founder's council for their heritage display."
    Jenna nods, reaching into the box and pulling out a ring. 

    "Is that Grandma Beth's wedding ring?" Jenna asks, examining the ring in her head. 

   "Originally, it was great-great-grandma Mary's wedding ring." Elena corrects and i roll my eyes. I look over to see Jeremy walking in and he shoots me a quick smile. 
    He reaches over, picked up a pocket watch and moving it around in his hands. 

   "How much do you think i'd get for this, like you know, on Ebay?" He asks, looking to me. I take the watch from him moving it around.

    "No clue, a couple hundred at least." I smirk. Elena rolls her eyes and i go to hand it back to Jeremy, but she takes it first. 

    "And neither of you are going to find out." 

"Hey, that stuff is mom and dad's." Jeremy snaps. "You can't just give it away like that." 

      "I'm not giving it away." Elena scolds. "It's called a loan Jeremy."

    "Relax." I tell her as the doorbell rings. She smiles slightly getting up and moving to get the door. I tilt my head yo see Stefan at the door and i groan internally. 

    "Who gave my sister permission to have a boyfriend." I grumble, laying my head on the table. 

__________________________________________

         "So what are you gonna wear?" Bonnie asks, laying back on my bed. Bonnie came over to hangout with me since Elena and Stefan were doing... whatever the hell they're doing.