XVIII. No rest for the wicked

"Why am i here so early?" I glare as i throw the door to the Salvatore house open

    "Well, good morning to you, sunshine." Damon laughs. "And you're here because you said you'd help me. And i remember a certain someone saying she doesn't like liars, so are you a liar?" 

    "No, i am not," I say rolling my eyes. "What are we even doing?" I ask. He links his arm with me, leading me upstairs. 

    "Assembling the team. Very crucial." We walk in silence up to Stefan's room and i sigh as soon as we reach the door. Damon throws open the door and i blindly follow, not knowing what i was about to see. 

     "Oh, my god!" I gasp, turning around and burying my head into Damon's chest. He wraps an arm around me slightly laughing. What i had seen, will scar me for life, It was Elena and Stefan in bed. Not something i ever wanted to see. 

    "Rise and shine, sleepyheads," Damon smirk as if my shouting hasn't woken them up. I heat the sheets ruffle, they're trying to cover themselves up. 

   "Damon! Please!" Elena whines. 

"What are you doing? And why is Alina hiding?" Stefan asks. 

     "Shut up, Salvatore," I grumble, still hiding in Damon's chest. 

     "Oh, stop being so smutty." Damon scoffs. 

"Seriously, get out of here!" 

     "Gladly," I say going to walk away, but Damon pulls me back. I turn around, not facing Elena and Stefan. 

     "If i see something i haven't seen before, I'll throw a dollar at it." I smack Damon's chest and he winces out of surprise. "Now listen, we have some very important business to discuss." 

    "And i has to be right now?" Elena and I both ask. I know Stefan and Elena are both looking at me, but i refuse to turn around. 

    "Well, we have lots to do, now that we're all friends and working towards the same goal." There's a moment of silence and Damon sighs, "So, in order to open the tomb, we need to find the journal to get the grimoire to open the spells." Damon explains. "So first things first, since you are Elena Gilbert, you're on journal duty." 

    "Why can't Alina do it? She's Alina Gilbert." Elena says. 

"Oh, no, no, no, she's with me," Damon tells her, shaking his head. 

     "Okay, but since when am i helping?" 

"Well, Stefan and your sister are helping, and you've taken residence in Stefan's bed, ergo..." 

    "You don't have to do anything you don't want to," Stefan tells her softly. How cute, i want to vomit. 

    "Okay, can i go downstairs while you three have this conversation, i will do whatever yo-" I stop myself rethinking what I'm about to say. "Mostly whatever you want me to."