𝐕𝐈

"YOU'RE GETTING your humanity back. This isn't supposed to happen, is it?"

Katherine questioned as she sat across from Desiree, a frown on her face. Desiree shook her head, pursing her lips. She had immediately taken to finding Katherine after she had left the Salvatore house, wanting some support from an old friend. Katherine sighed, stepping forward to cup her cheeks.

"It's going to be fine. Everything's going to be fine. You've been feeding like normal, right?" asked Katherine. Desiree nodded, "I don't mean just sex stuff, Des. I mean actual blood and, you know, hearts."

"I've only had one of those since I got here, and that was how Caroline and the rest found out about me," said Desiree, rolling her eyes. "I would love to feed freely, but something tells me it's going to be a lot harder to do that now with all of them watching me like I'm going to explode and rip their heads off."

"You want to do that, don't you?" Katherine smirked.

"Just waiting for you to give me the signal," sighed Desiree as she stood up. She wobbled a bit, holding the edge of the couch as she blinked back black dots in her vision. "God, this is getting annoying. I need to get something to eat, and fast."

"Don't worry, it's going to be over soon. When I get the moonstone and Elena, we can get the hell out of one-horse town," Katherine reassured.

Desiree rolled her eyes, yet again. The vampire punched her shoulder lightly, before kissing her cheek and striding off. Desiree sighed, looking around her bedroom. She picked up her jacket, jumping out the window. She didn't feel like talking to her fake parents that think she's their real daughter, right now.

She made her way towards the Grill, which seemed to be her go-to when it came to picking up food. Lots of creeps were there, considering there weren't many other places to drink in Mystic Falls. She didn't even bother to activate her succubus powers; she was too tired. She simply grabbed a random by the back of his leather jacket, dragging him out to the woods.

Despite the fact that she was weak, she still had some of her demonic strength which caused her to be able to support the struggling man.

"Hey, bitch, get the fuck off me!" the random yelped as he struggled roughly, trying to get out of her grip.

When they were finally deep enough into the woods, she dropped him roughly. She turned around, staring at him in an unamused fashion, "Is that the right way to speak to a lady?" she asked, in a monotone voice.

He opened his mouth to say something, but she was too hungry and too agitated to listen or mock him like the rest of her victims. Instead, she leaped on him, tearing into his throat quickly. This kill was quick and gruesome, blood splattering over the tree trunks. Sounds of blood squelching and loud chomping were the only thing that could be heard for miles, making others that could listen in wonder if it was a wild animal hunting again.