𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

THE VAMPIRE rolled up Mason's body in a carpet, Desiree lounging on the couch despite the snarky looks Damon had shot her. She murdered Mason, yes, but she was no way inclined to help. She had a fresh manicure and didn't want to damage her new nails just yet. Suddenly, Stefan barged into the home, wielding none other than the moonstone.

He tossed it to Damon, causing Desiree to sit up in interest. "I see you've exercised your usual restraint," Stefan said, looking at the body in the carpet.

"That wasn't me, brother. It was all Super Hottie, here," Damon smirked, gesturing towards the raven-haired beauty that was sitting up.

Desiree waved her hand in acknowledgment, "Damon was taking too long, Mason was getting annoying and the both of you already knew where the moonstone was, so."

Damon smirked in response, picking up Mason's phone. "Carol, big opportunity in Florida. I'm gonna be gone for a long time. Will send for my things once I get settled. Much love, Mason," the vampire read out as he forged a text to the current mayor of Mystic Falls.

"Let's get rid of the body," Stefan said, starting to stand up.

"Oh, last number dialled. I wonder who that could possibly be," Damon said, pressing a button to dial the number that everybody in the room knew it belonged to – Katherine Pierce.

"No, no, no! Don't provoke her," Stefan said, clambering forward.

Desiree simply shrugged; she was all for a little chaos. She never liked Mason anyway. Katherine answered the phone, her annoyed drawl coming from the receiver. "Mason, you should have been here an hour ago."

Damon pushed Stefan back after he continued to come for the phone, a smirk on his lips. "Wrong boy toy," he taunted.

"Damon. For once, you've surprised me. I assume Mason is with you?" asked Katherine.

"He's right beside me! Though thanks to Super Hottie, his heart's across the room," Damon said.

"Desiree. She shouldn't have," Katherine said, through gritted teeth. She should've known that working with the girl would put more than a little hitch in the road – demons were unpredictable.

"I've had a very busy day today. I witnessed a werewolf murder, found a moonstone – hey, did you know he hid the moonstone in the bottom of a well full of vervain? I guess he didn't trust you very much. Although, he did love you. Poor guy. Hey, where are you? Because, you know, I could bring him over. Last goodbyes and all that," Damon said.

"You have no idea what you've just done," Katherine fumed.

"Aww, did I put a kink in your master plan? I'm so sorry," Damon said, fakely.

"Do you honestly believe that I don't have a plan B? And if that fails, a plan C? Then a plan D, and... you know how the alphabet works, don't you? Send my love to Stefan," Katherine said, before hanging up.