𝐗

Desiree was released from her makeshift prison in the Salvatore basement after her show of saving Elena the night before, but the Scooby-Doo gang felt less inclined to trust her. She didn't care, though – she knew that she was only used for armour since the start. Vaguely, she wondered why she hadn't turned tail and left yet. By now, she should've been in Paris, sipping mimosas after indulging in a good snack whilst facing the Eiffel Tower.

Something told her to stay, but she just didn't know what.

She was sipping on a glass of bourbon in the kitchen, where Damon was stood across from her with a distrustful look on her face. Stefan, however, was in the foyer with the strange girl that had kidnapped Elena the night before. Desiree had found out her name was Rose, and she had recognized Desiree immediately. The demon found it odd but decided that she wouldn't ask questions in Stefan and Damon's presence. If it had something to do with the Original family, she did not want them to know her ties to them.

A knock sounded from the door, causing Damon to finally halt his suspicious stare and make his way towards it. Desiree was unsurprised when it opened to reveal the Petrova doppelganger. "Hello, Elena," Damon greeted.

"Is Stefan here? He called. He said it was important," Elena said.

"Right this way," Damon led the girl towards the foyer, where Stefan was stood.

"Hey," the younger Salvatore said.

"What is this about?" Elena questioned, placing her satchel on the couch. She turned to face the succubus who had a sour look on her face as she examined the straight-haired Gilbert girl. Something about her was truly dull compared to Katherine – she did not see what the Salvatore brothers found so special about her. "What are you still doing here?"

"Is that any way to talk to someone that saved your life from an immortal asshole?" scoffed Desiree. "Now, I know why Katherine hates you so much. She's been keeping you alive all this time and you're not the single bit appreciative."

Elena gave her a confused glance, wanting to ask what she meant by that but she was cut off by Rose. A defensive look came across her face, "You."

"Hear her out, Elena. She has some . . . interesting stuff to say about Elijah," Stefan urged to his girlfriend, gently.

Elena gave her a cautious look, but allowed it. Desiree prepared to tune in. "Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus – I know he's real,"

"Who is he?" questioned Elena.

"He's one of the Originals. He's a legend," said Damon.

"From the first generation of vampires," Desiree inputted. At the look they gave her, she shrugged. "Katherine told me all about them. They're practically royalty."